• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
In your first month (30 days) of membership here you started 6 threads.

I don't think some of the stickies existed when I joined the forum. Not an excuse for starting threads.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hey J (or anybody really i guess)... I'm trying to understand the SF Wiki.

what exactly IS it? what's the purpose and what is it trying to accomplish?
for example, is it a keyword search tool for finding pictures of how to use a red tie? an archive of fits of various suit/jean makers?, etc

I'm not trying to be critical, I just want to understand it since i'm interested in this sort of data management / archival type business... I want to help out since I've got a couple thousand saved WAYW pics but I'm not sure what to do if anything.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a working wiki still up. We took down the one that was hosted here because it was too much of a pain to admin, but we will have one with the new system coming soon.

To me, the wiki would be a good place to have the basic style 'rules' and FAQs answered and have pages for all accumulated knowledge for common questions like wedding formality levels and interview suits, etc.

Hopefully we will be able to integrate it with the new gallery where people can post their WAYWT pics to be associated with their account, brand keywords and maybe another set or sets of keywords/tags. If you look at the WAYWT category of the SF Gallery, you can get an idea how that might work, although the integration was never there in the current version of things.

Would love to hear discussion on how we can/should use the wiki when it is up and functional in the new system.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I want to help out since I've got a couple thousand saved WAYW pics but I'm not sure what to do if anything.
Email them to these guys - they're always looking for new material

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thought that this spam was quite hilarious
smile.gif

Re: Adventures in sobriety

If you're really adventurous, not too judgemental, open to learning and experiencing new things.
with some programming links under it

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excuse me, but I believe you mean "moran."

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed the Styleforum Front Page.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS

+1 - love that stuff.

I think aspiring writers, photographers and journalists should post thoughtful or well illustrated articles there from time to time. It's nice to have less "fast" content here as well.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
General Chat is packed full of spam threads. This is getting pretty out of control, no?

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS

Originally Posted by gdl203
+1 - love that stuff.

I think aspiring writers, photographers and journalists should post thoughtful or well illustrated articles there from time to time. It's nice to have less "slow" content here as well.

+1 + ******* goddamn 1!

I check everything on the Front Page the second an update occurs. I am an aspiring photojournalist (and journalist), but unfortunately I live in Brisbane; I'd love to contribute if there was any way I could (doing ma jerb in Melbourne/Sydney if possible.)

Srsly, I think the Front Page could be a truly great thing if it were updated more in terms of new threaks.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In the future we plan to make the Frontpage section a much bigger part of the site and send people to more and more diverse events and destinations. We may have some high def video interviews from the next one, stay tuned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads