• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
This is the thing when you have... how shall we say... unique tastes? If you screw up the sizing on an online order it's really hard to flip it and cut your losses.

Yep. Usually have to send it back to Japan and have it sold on YJ and I lose a lot in the process. Trying to decide what to do with everything now.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Yep. Usually have to send it back to Japan and have it sold on YJ and I lose a lot in the process. Trying to decide what to do with everything now.
how are the dbss sneakers edit: i want to be a rocket ship.
rick-owens-silk-rocket-jacket-00.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
how are the dbss sneakers
Did uncontrol ever post a fit pic involving his DBSS pony hairs? I don't recall seeing it, but I don't read every WAYWT post so perhaps I missed it. I was really curious to see what he came up with. I find DBSS sneakers to be difficult to pair with other stuff. They generally look best when paired with other DBSS pieces. Mine look great when paired with DBSS cropped cargo pants. But with most jeans they're just so-so.

junebugmm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Been working to replace my old Hanes underwear with something better. What does everyone recommend? Looking for cotton boxer briefs in dark colors with a low rise and no bagginess.

I initially tried Lad Musician in size 44 (sizes are 42/44/46) and found they fit perfectly, fabric is soft, rise is very low, and they stretch out only a minimal amount during the day. Very happy with these, but they cost $50 each.

Next tried some Calvin Klein that looked nearly identical in the pictures to the Lad for only $10 each. I got the smallest size they make S/P (28-30 waist). Big mistake! While they're certainly wearable, they feel like they're designed for someone far bigger and heavier. There is slight bagginess everywhere when initially worn, but by the end of the day they've massively stretched out and fit quite poorly. And the rise is really high on these, making for a very unflattering look.

I am considering trying Uniqlo next. Do they have any models that match my description of the Lad underwear? Is there a difference between the stuff sold in their Japanese stores vs. the US store?

Late pass, but Uniqlo waffle cotton boxer briefs are great.

also would really like one of yohji's knits from fw2011

59950005.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Vn4Vb.png

he can always just buy fast fashion stuff if he's not willing to pay for unique design. He sounds like such a dunce in that post.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
how are the dbss sneakers
Originally Posted by BB1
Did uncontrol ever post a fit pic involving his DBSS pony hairs? I don't recall seeing it, but I don't read every WAYWT post so perhaps I missed it. I was really curious to see what he came up with. I find DBSS sneakers to be difficult to pair with other stuff. They generally look best when paired with other DBSS pieces. Mine look great when paired with DBSS cropped cargo pants. But with most jeans they're just so-so.
Originally Posted by g transistor
How did the DBSS go?
Nobody's seen them because I just got them and it's still slushy out, but they're dope. Not sure how I'm going to wear them yet though haha.
Originally Posted by DLester
everything you got is bad? yikes.
Not everything, but a large portion, yes. I posted about it on my site, will put it in a spoiler, check it out if you're interested in my depression.
There's room for both I think LOL On another note, thanks for the kind words. Here's how I'm feeling about my order: - Tornado Mart skinny jeans are REALLY skinny. I can squeeze into most of them though. They're super low rise, which is sort of awkward. I think they're supposed to fit like this though, and the waist is roomy enough, it's just the rise that gets me. - This is the suit that didn't fit: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....xxTTrVsHDLY%3D It's so so small. It's too bad, because it's amazing. I'd sell it here but I'd be asking at least $300 for it (less than the ¥60,000 I paid) and I don't think anyone here will pay so much. If you're interested, PM me. It's incredible. Should fit 34 chest, 28 waist. I would instantly buy it in Size L if I could. - Tornado Mart shirt sizing is frustratingly inconsistent. All my shirts are the same size (M) and they all fit differently. Some of the ones I got have insane darting that constricts my rib cage. Hopefully I can have the darting removed without leaving any visible marks. The worst one is the most beautiful, a red snakeskin shirt that I was super-excited for. I will have to be more careful in the future, and probably order Size L from now on unless I can get measurements that are 100% safe.
281898374.2.jpg
These didn't fit, which is too bad. Would be looking to sell for about $100. New with tags. Size 28-29 would be good. Will give measurements if anyone's interested. ---- So I've realized that all the TM stuff that doesn't fit me is newer, and the stuff that does fit is older. I'll be buying size L from now on if I'm unsure of measurements but I guess TM's sizing has gone down over the past few years. As for the jeans etc. that doesn't fit, I'll try selling it here and if it doesn't sell I'll send it back to Japan to sell. For the shirts that are too tight, going to ask if getting the darting removed will fix them, and if not I will sell those too. Lane, at least the red leather jacket fits (and is actually awesome, can't wait to wear it). There's actually a lot of positives. Buffalo Bobs boots fit dead on and are awesome, Alfredo Bannister boots are slightly big which means I'm a size 43, which is actually good news since it is much easier to find than size 44 and I can fix with an insole. DBSS sneakers are dope. T-shirts are dope. Snakeskin suit is dope, tight, but it looks good tight. It's actually a coated denim suit :| It sucks, but there's not much to be done other than make the best of it and move on. Moving into the future I'm going to adopt a few policies to make my life easier: Don't let orders build so much. After 15 months of planning and waiting I was bound to be disappointed. I'll get stuff shipped every 2 months from now on so I can learn from it quickly and work stuff into my wardrobe. If I'm trying something new, get something as a sample before buying all in. Don't buy stuff without measurements. Period.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
yo yo yo hold on a sec this ***** is talking about mediocrity right? then he is straight up slanging workwear repros...QUIT DAT **** lol i need to read more. and hsi stuff is stocked at j crew. GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER.
Mm, indeed. The J. Crew thing, I think, was a good move for both Warehouse and tha Krew. Gets a lot more exposure for Warehouse (and Heller's); J. Crew probably only ordered a handful of pieces, which are almost certain to be bought up by the Japanese no matter what the price. Now there's some visibility out there for the line before anyone else in the US is really stocking it. Everyone likes to kill J. Crew but outside of forums I don't think there's much stigma to being stocked in their nicer stores and online. I mean, they carry Swaine Adeney Brigg stuff. Even RJMan likes that stuff. And a lot of people are wondering what comes next in menswear. You can't just add a chinstrap and a watch pocket to everything. Will the designer-influenced stuff that's been big on SF find a real mass market? It seems All Saints is doing pretty well... -------------- Sorry about your disappointing delivery, Unc. I feel your pain dude

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^Where are Grensons made these days? I seem to recall hearing that they were made in China?

Late pass.

Grenson Rose line are made in England, lower lines are at least partially made in India.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unc. that sucks i'm sorry dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads