• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Time of Life?

Esa

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm in a pretty good place in life (healthy, 40 yr old, great wife, love my job) and I was wanted to ask the senior members (i.e. age not number of posts), when was it best for you?

I'm slightly overweight but I'm passionate about cooking and I'm crazy about wine...that's my biggest issue right now. I appreciate it and know it wont always be that way. When where you most happy and why?

Thanks guys. Esa

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just be happy and don't waste a bunch of time and energy wondering why.

The whole thing could blow up in a heartbeat when you least expect it.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Esa
I'm slightly overweight

maybe you should do something about that.. you wouldn't want to shorten your enjoyment.

verteqz

Reaction score
It was June 15, and in two days I would be turning thirty. I was insecure about entering a new decade of my life and feared that my best years were now behind me.

My daily routine included going to the gym for a workout before going to work. Every morning I would see my friend Nicholas at the gym. He was seventy-nine years old and in terrific shape. As I greeted Nicholas on this particular day, he noticed I wasn't full of my usual vitality and asked if there was anything wrong. I told him I was feeling anxious about turning thirty. I wondered how I would look back on my life once I reached Nicholas' age, so I asked him, "What was the best time of your life?"

Without hesitation, Nicholas replied, "Well, Joe, this is my philosophical answer to your philosophical question:

"When I was a child in Austria and everything was taken care of for me and I was nurtured by my parents, that was the best time of my life.

"When I was going to school and learning the things I know today, that was the best time of my life.

"When I got my first job and had responsibilities and got paid for my efforts, that was the best time of my life.

"When I met my wife and fell in love, that was the best time of my life.

"The Second World War came, and my wife and I had to flee Austria to save our lives. When we were together and safe on a ship bound for North America, that was the best time of my life.

"When we came to Canada and started a family, that was the best time of my life.

"When I was a young father, watching my children grow up, that was the best time of my life.

"And now, Joe, I am seventy-nine years old. I have my health, I feel good and I am in love with my wife just as I was when we first met. This is the best time of my life."

coldnyt1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Esa
Guys,

I'm in a pretty good place in life (healthy, 40 yr old, great wife, love my job) and I was wanted to ask the senior members (i.e. age not number of posts), when was it best for you?

I'm slightly overweight but I'm passionate about cooking and I'm crazy about wine...that's my biggest issue right now. I appreciate it and know it wont always be that way. When where you most happy and why?

Thanks guys. Esa

when and where???? reading this kind of post and telling myself.. there's still good people out there.. and you're one of them... you have the heart to speak out... your wife should be proud of you too... all your issues in life(food/wine).. lessen the intakes.. more on exercise... things will be better... am most happy with my 2 kids and wife... they are my backbones... ofcourse.. GOD... peace

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by verteqz
It was June 15, and in two days I would be turning thirty. I was insecure about entering a new decade of my life and feared that my best years were now behind me.

My daily routine included going to the gym for a workout before going to work. Every morning I would see my friend Nicholas at the gym. He was seventy-nine years old and in terrific shape. As I greeted Nicholas on this particular day, he noticed I wasn't full of my usual vitality and asked if there was anything wrong. I told him I was feeling anxious about turning thirty. I wondered how I would look back on my life once I reached Nicholas' age, so I asked him, "What was the best time of your life?"

Without hesitation, Nicholas replied, "Well, Joe, this is my philosophical answer to your philosophical question:

"When I was a child in Austria and everything was taken care of for me and I was nurtured by my parents, that was the best time of my life.

"When I was going to school and learning the things I know today, that was the best time of my life.

"When I got my first job and had responsibilities and got paid for my efforts, that was the best time of my life.

"The Second World War came, and my wife and I had to flee Austria to save our lives. When we were together and safe on a ship bound for North America, that was the best time of my life.

"When we came to Canada and started a family, that was the best time of my life.

"When I was a young father, watching my children grow up, that was the best time of my life.

"And now, Joe, I am seventy-nine years old. I have my health, I feel good and I am in love with my wife just as I was when we first met. This is the best time of my life."

1180303315_5.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, so far, it has been college and its not even close. please tell me it gets better (34 now).

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
For me, so far, it has been college and its not even close. please tell me it gets better (34 now).

turning 39 very very soon and yes it gets better.

or you learn to accept a mediocre life.
ffffuuuu.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Turning 24 in a few days. 23 pretty much sucked in every imaginable way. 22 was a stellar year, though.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Sophomore year of high school. I had no responsibility and just enough freedom that I could dedicate myself to sedition and immaturity before it brought consequences.

darnelled

Reaction score
Originally Posted by verteqz

Very nice.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best time in life is when you wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world at that very moment.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Turning 24 in a few days. 23 pretty much sucked in every imaginable way. 22 was a stellar year, though.

I'm sorry for boaning your ex last year. You're right though, she did have great boobs.
cheers.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
last year of high school was a great time. took a victory lap, went back to school just to play basketball but didnt have to for school. (in ontario we had gr 13 but they got rid of it and for a few years you could go back but didnt have to.) didnt care about school and only played basketball and hung out. i always look on the positive side and cant say anything is too bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads