• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Yup. No love for my cheetah shirt.
frown.gif

The cheetah shirt is awesome. I didn't like it with the cardigan though, but looked good with the jacket.

Brinbro

Reaction score
You gotta be trolling. This is especially heinous since I studied art history and fine arts in college as well as my design. Try again. As far as fits being pushed back a page because of discussion, in the discussion thread, lulz. Oh gosh, here I am raging again. Popping blood vessels and stuff. Let's try this again: instead of hating me because you disagree. How about you tell me what looks good about his fit? Don't be too cliche (proportions, colors, how 'well made' they are) I want to know, aesthetically, what appeals to you about it?
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Chinoguy and brinbro: Even though some of the fits here seem incomprehensible to you, it's only because you don't understand. It's like people who talk **** about modern art, arguing that it's just a bunch of bullshit random shapes and squares. That's because they don't know anything about modern art, so they cannot attribute a meaning to modern art. They only see random shapes, just like you two only see layers of meaningless cloth on a person who actually very much knows what he is doing. Take a look at some of the runway shows for designers such as Prada, Givenchy, or Dior. I only name these three since they are commonly well-known fashion houses. Observe that what the models wear are anything but what you see as classical "style". What they wear is bizarre, freakish, yet innovative and edgy. To normal people who know little about fashion except what exists in the windows of pedestrian stands at the mall, this kind of fashion is entirely too esoteric and thus becomes a joke to them. But to those who do understand fashion, there is more depth to what these models wear than what one would normally think. Now apply that to what Synthese wears, for example. Chino, what you called "bedsheets" is actually a well-known piece that is famous because of its obscurity. He didn't just randomly throw a bunch of expensive **** on, but carefully matched and color-coded drapey clothes together to create a flowing effect. Call it chic hobo if you want, but if you put yourself around this kind of fashion more often, you would understand how much effort goes into looking effortless. It's also possible to look like **** with expensive clothes. Ask the guy who likes Balmain biker jeans, Gucci jackets, and sips on Italian sparkling water while showing off his $10k cellphone. He got ripped apart because his whole outfit looked like ****. Spend a bit more time here, and maybe you'll actually come to realize that there is far more to fashion than chinos. You really need a haircut.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
You gotta be trolling. This is especially heinous since I studied art history and fine arts in college as well as my design. Try again. As far as fits being pushed back a page because of discussion, in the discussion thread, lulz. Oh gosh, here I am raging again. Popping blood vessels and stuff.

God you suck. Why are you even here if you hate it so much?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hahaha you must be truly enlightened with those art history classes under your belt

edit: crazy jew shut up

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's try this again: instead of hating me because you disagree. How about you tell me what looks good about his fit? Don't be too cliche (proportions, colors, how 'well made' they are) I want to know, aesthetically, what appeals to you about it?
Try following your own advice and explaining what exactly you think doesn't look good about his fit instead of simply laughing at people who like it. Comments like yours make this thread, and styleforum in general, unbearable to read.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's try this again: instead of hating me because you disagree. How about you tell me what looks good about his fit? Don't be too cliche (proportions, colors, how 'well made' they are) I want to know, aesthetically, what appeals to you about it?

I know you said not to talk about it, but the colors look great. The layering of very long pieces in the sides and back, combined with multiple layers of slouchy jersey, create a sense of vertical fall that is accentuated by the straps on the jacket. The rumpling of the jacket, the cleanness of the cardigan layer, and the draping of the jerseys and pants create a uniform but varied sense of texture.

There are plenty of Synth fits that I don't like, but this one is awesome.

I don't really give a **** about how well made other people's things are, I don't think you see a lot of that tossed around in WAYWT.

Now hit me with some counterpoints.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright to get back on track i'm wearing all different shades of blue up top and my new MiE NB 576's in maroon and they look awesome

socialdtk

Reaction score
2yy2veo.jpg

I've never posted a good fit picture. This is in that tradition.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You gotta be trolling. This is especially heinous since I studied art history and fine arts in college as well as my design. Try again. As far as fits being pushed back a page because of discussion, in the discussion thread, lulz. Oh gosh, here I am raging again. Popping blood vessels and stuff.

- "B.A., UCLA"

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by socialdtk
I've never posted a good fit picture. This is in that tradition.

Cool stuff. Is this your ideal, or do you have some vaster/more expensive goal in mind?

Brinbro

Reaction score
Yes, I'm so very sorry for stating the simple fact I studied art and therefore found his argument baseless - I forgot I was on the internet? All of the things you describe are just that, things, and while you find them positive aspects of a certain outfit I find them highly contrived and impractical in relation to a) his environment and b) his lifestyle. What is positive about the vertical fall? Just because it exists? Naw, it's so contrived he might as well be one of those chicks wearing three tank tops that think they're 'layering.'
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I know you said not to talk about it, but the colors look great. The layering of very long pieces in the sides and back, combined with multiple layers of slouchy jersey, create a sense of vertical fall that is accentuated by the straps on the jacket. The rumpling of the jacket, the cleanness of the cardigan layer, and the draping of the jerseys and pants create a uniform but varied sense of texture. There are plenty of Synth fits that I don't like, but this one is awesome. I don't really give a **** about how well made other people's things are, I don't think you see a lot of that tossed around in WAYWT. Now hit me with some counterpoints.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can we pretend these last few pages never happened? moving on...

ps nice fit zissou

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the things you describe are just that, things, and while you find them positive aspects of a certain outfit I find them highly contrived and impractical in relation to a) his environment and b) his lifestyle.

What is positive about the vertical fall? Just because it exists? Naw, it's so contrived he might as well be one of those chicks wearing three tank tops that think they're 'layering.'

Whoa, what? What are designers you like? What do you think would be appropriate for Synth to wear? What would be less "contrived"?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the things you describe are just that, things

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Describe something that is not a thing, I dare ya. I double dare ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics