• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
you washed/soaked? no way!

im so proud of you!
smile.gif

Yeah, I did decide to soak. They started to develop an odour. Not that they were really stinky, but I like fresh clothes. And if they are fine for another 4 months, then nothing is wrong with it I guess.

Though maybe I might wash them next time.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
just joined the cool kids club. was planning to wait till i got to NY to try on the 201's, but whaddya know. a 32x36 pair popped up for sale in the BS SW&D. copped it for 140 EUR. hopefully they'll be here by the time i come back
laugh.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
just joined the cool kids club. was planning to wait till i got to NY to try on the 201's, but whaddya know. a 32x36 pair popped up for sale in the BS SW&D.

copped it for 140 EUR. hopefully they'll be here by the time i come back
laugh.gif

excellent. pics when they come.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Saw the Naked & Famus collab jeans at the Barney's Co-Op today. They looked very nice, and the denim was fairly heavy as well, but I don't think they were worth the $300 retail price.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Saw the Naked & Famus collab jeans at the Barney's Co-Op today. They looked very nice, and the denim was fairly heavy as well, but I don't think they were worth the $300 retail price.

I agree with you, for that price, I'd rather just have a pair of non-collab Momotaros, which use a little bit nicer denim.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I agree with you, for that price, I'd rather just have a pair of non-collab Momotaros, which use a little bit nicer denim.
i dont. they are limited and unique. its a nice collab and as you know collab's do end up costing a bit more. at $275 i think there a great buy. i would own a pair if my fat ass would fit into that damn cut
smile.gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont. they are limited and unique. its a nice collab and as you know collab's do end up costing a bit more. at $275 i think there a great buy. i would own a pair if my fat ass would fit into that damn cut
smile.gif

I've always been a sucker for limited and unique, but I think as far as Momo collabs go, I'm a little more impressed with the Context and BiG collabs than the N&F one.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've always been a sucker for limited and unique, but I think as far as Momo collabs go, I'm a little more impressed with the Context and BiG collabs than the N&F one.

totally, but those you mentioned are a lot more $.

Biff

Reaction score
DYING here...

Picked up my 201's from hemming last night...

AND THEY'RE TOO SHORT!

Oh man...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biff
DYING here...

Picked up my 201's from hemming last night...

AND THEY'RE TOO SHORT!

Oh man...

what happened?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
totally, but those you mentioned are a lot more $.
Well, Rambo did say that the N&F collabs were $300. At $315 for the BiG collab and $320 for the Context one, I wouldn't say that is a big price difference. However, if the N&F collabs are $275 like you said, you're right, that is more significant.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, Rambo did say that the N&F collabs were $300. At $315 for the BiG collab and $320 for the Context one, I wouldn't say that is a big price difference.

However, if the N&F collabs are $275 like you said, you're right, that is more significant.

yeah, i dont think they are selling at $300. i think he was rounding up.

Biff

Reaction score
what happened?

took them in for hemming, put em on and agreed-to length seemed right -- but no measurements were taken... just by eyeballing when I had them on...

picked them up last night and inseam was around 27-28... usually i'm a 31-31.5 with stacking... too short... contacted the appropriate parties...

we'll see if there's anything that I can do...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biff
took them in for hemming, put em on and agreed-to length seemed right -- but no measurements were taken... just by eyeballing when I had them on...

picked them up last night and inseam was around 27-28... usually i'm a 31-31.5 with stacking... too short... contacted the appropriate parties...

we'll see if there's anything that I can do...

yeah, that is a big difference. did they mark them correctly? let me know what they say.

Biff

Reaction score
yeah, that is a big difference. did they mark them correctly? let me know what they say.

Seemed like the mark was good...

Apparently, there isn't much I can do at this point... They can let them out a hair... but that'll only give about 0.5 inches at the most...

SOL
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads