• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggen
Yeah, budweiser(budvar) is a favourite of mine and had a nice pilsner urquell last night. Stella is nice too, but would say it's a bit behind those two. Another nice czech beer to try is Gambrinus and of course you could always go for Staropramen although personally I've grown a bit tired of that one. Would also recommend Innis & Gunn if one would like to try a lighter beer with some taste

The Innis & Gunn oak aged beer is very drinkable
smile.gif
Not tried their Rum cask aged beer yet.

If you ever see this on sale your side of the pond this is superb:

http://www.hopdaemon.com/incubus.html

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
don't love spaten; if you want a good light beer i suggest the 3 biggies: stella artois, pilsner urquell, and budvar from ceskie bujovice. the last two are stellar, by the way, and i believe they're usually cheaper than the belgian. if you want something to warm you up, samuel smith's chocolate stout is always a good bet (as are the other offerings, althugh they're slightly stale), but if you're going camping i suggest metaxa mixed with lemon and then held over a fire.

Stella, Pilsner, even budvar are all inbev or millerSAB beers. If you're really strongly anti-corporate (and I'm not suggesting anyone is) you'll look further afield for a good pilsner. Not that they taste bad at all.

I'm partial to Victory Prima Pils, although it's hoppier than the originals, or maybe something German. I've also recently gotten on the Full Sail hype train because their Session lager is a decent beer-flavored beer and it's not too expensive.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Fall Winter next year is gonna be a swaggy time for me, super hyped on it, got it all planned out.

Details needed. I just imagine you and Kvc lounging in a smoke-filled room and planning Junya kops.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Details needed. I just imagine you and Kvc lounging in a smoke-filled room and planning Junya kops.
Pause.

Pretty much junya blazer everyday, down vest or parka over that, cropped wool trousers (like my oliver spencer ones) and all brogue boots everything. A little more TB in my life, vest will most likely be junya or Gamme Bleu.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a sweater back from this girl I loaned it to a week or two back after she stayed over. Turns out she washed and dried it. Yes, washed and dried a 100% wool sweater. It's a bit more child-like in sizing now.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
How dense do you have to be to think that's a good idea? **** me.

Luckily it was only mid-grade heat but I think it's still time to break out the pleb mall brand stuff from the basement for such instances from now on. I can't risk losing my knit soldiers to attrition.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Definitely, I don't know if it tops Shepherd's Dog but it is pretty solid. Nice to see him making a bigger toybox instead of sitting around whispering to himself for his entire career.

Yeah Shepherds Dog was incredible. It is definitely a solid album though, I've been listening to it a lot.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Took a look at Yohji Yamamoto and perhaps suprisingly I actually like a lot of it. Not keen on the Y3 stuff but the mainline is pretty good. Living in rural Kent it's not something I could convincingly wear even if I had the funds, but I like much of what he's done.

good, I think everyone here despises Y3..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I just got a sweater back from this girl I loaned it to a week or two back after she stayed over. Turns out she washed and dried it. Yes, washed and dried a 100% wool sweater. It's a bit more child-like in sizing now.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Luckily it was only mid-grade heat but I think it's still time to break out the pleb mall brand stuff from the basement for such instances from now on. I can't risk losing my knit soldiers to attrition.

This is the reason I advocate having a couple of beater knits, terrible.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Looks like "chinoguy" is on a scorn filled butthurt rampage.

Will end up banned if he continues this route.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

ugh, so sorry for your loss comrade. Which was it?

First and last time this happened to me was in highschool when I was still rocking John Varvatos. Learned my lesson, and always keep a few low level pieces around, though it has hilariously led to instances of "Hey I'm stealing this one..." "No you're not." *tosses allsaints cardigan* "You can have this."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads