• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exercising in the morning

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I guess it's a question of which time will be easier to stick with. I kind of think that getting up in the morning is ultimately harder. But evening isn't easy either.
ffffuuuu.gif
This is annoying. I think first I'll try getting more sleep. Maybe then I won't be so tired after work.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Back when I was going to Pratt freshman year, I would wake myself up at 4:30 every morning, get in my car, drive over the Brooklyn Bridge, hop on the FDR going North, park on 5th avenue around 70-75th street, and take my morning jog through central park. Sometimes I ran up and down Fifth and Madison avenue, appreciating all the store window displays. I also would utilize the Apple stores bathrooms that are open 24/7. It's really a different place so early in the morning, before the masses of people are swarming about. I have no idea what my motivation was to get up so early to do this, but I did it every day and I loved it.
damn you'd DRIVE all the way to central park when prospect park is like a mile away from pratt?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Yeah I guess it's a question of which time will be easier to stick with. I kind of think that getting up in the morning is ultimately harder. But evening isn't easy either.
ffffuuuu.gif
This is annoying.

I think first I'll try getting more sleep. Maybe then I won't be so tired after work.

May be you ought to get your bf to wake u up in the morning
teacha.gif

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I really hate working out first thing in the morning. If I can help it I'll go around noon or one.

giraffe lookout

Reaction score
I always think the hardest thing about working out in the morning is just getting started. I'm always happy to be doing it once I've warmed up.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fire up the expresso machine grind the beans make myself a double expression and then sit back till 7am read the paper listen to the news then by 7.15 its plug the ipod in and try for an hour on the cross country trainer. Most days I adhere to this routine or else if not too hot or ******* humid hit the road for an hour.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get up at 5:30 most days to exercise. I just don't have time otherwise.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did/does anyone find it hard to start working out on a regular basis in the AM? I think it's the only time of day to I'm able to work out; I've tried in the evenings but there is just zero motivation after work.

Any tips on morning workouts? Is it wise to have a cup of coffee and a snack beforehand? Ultimately I think it will come down to just doing it and creating a routine.

I agree 100% I can only work out in the morning and enjoy it, going to the gym after work is a punishment for me, I do go to the gym sometimes after work but hate it!

.bishop

Reaction score
i used to work out everymorning before work, but after taking a new job, i'ts so sporatic when I can work out. quite frustrating.

I think any time you work or start a new work out time, will be a transition, but after a few weeks it becomes habit, and then you dont want to change.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by giraffe lookout
I always think the hardest thing about working out in the morning is just getting started. I'm always happy to be doing it once I've warmed up.

Me too

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I get up at 5:30 most days to exercise. I just don't have time otherwise.

I get up earlier but otherwise in the same boat. Most mornings are 4:30-ish, but when I'm running higher training volumes the occasional 3:30 morning isn't out of the question.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^But, but, at what time are you going to sleep?
Did/does anyone find it hard to start working out on a regular basis in the AM? I think it's the only time of day to I'm able to work out; I've tried in the evenings but there is just zero motivation after work. Any tips on morning workouts? Is it wise to have a cup of coffee and a snack beforehand? Ultimately I think it will come down to just doing it and creating a routine.
Why not start with that and hope for the best.
teacha.gif

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved morning training because then I'd be so awake for my first class... Then I'd crash after lunch. Havent tried since.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
^But, but, at what time are you going to sleep?

(...)

seldom before 10p, and sometimes after 11. Last night was 11:30. Sometimes I crash by 8:30 though, but it's towards the end of the week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads