• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of light beers, I've never been able to taste a discernible difference between them.
confused.gif

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
try the ones i mentioned.

but steamboat is amazing during the winter. best snow in colorado.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stella artois and pilsner urquell aren't bad.
I was thinking more along the lines of coors, bud, miller, ect. All the same to me.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
does anyone remember what boots served as inspiration for the cloak and mmms ? I think it was some scadinavian army boots (Sweden ?) but I've no idea where I got that from.
I think they were Swedish, not sure though, I remember posting an ebay link to a pair of the originals a long time back. I think the black slouch boots are way better than the desert boots in any color, though I love the equestrian vibe the tan and white gives off. I cannot stand wine and beer from a beverage standpoint.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fall Winter next year is gonna be a swaggy time for me, super hyped on it, got it all planned out.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I thought you had taken said boots out of said box. Is there some sort of epic recent purchases post coming? I think I need to get you to proxy me a proxy from Japan, I don't have the patience personally. You're right, she talks a lot in those posts and I'm like tl;dr, I just assumed it was this same piece
DSC06532.JPG

strung up differently on the basis that... well how many junya pieces made of old military coats can one person reasonably own?

this one's made of shirts not coats
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00005.JPG
altered
DSC06669.JPG
DSC06672.JPG
sick nonetheless. i'm sure price was astronomical. junya's reconstructed clothes are more useable i think than margiela's reconstructed clothes. margiela's pieces are more like art than actual clothes. for example
mma2.jpg
mma6.jpg
very creative and i'm sure workmanship is awesome, but would you wear them? in other news margiela on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Margiel.../dp/B0041XU994

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
how much text does this person post?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
imagine the tower of babel in a pile of letters before you

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
now i am curious

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
it really is that bad.

Oh and for beer, definitely try some of the flemish sour ales. My favourite is Duchesse De Bourgogne.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Also, since we aren't talking about fashion anymore, the new Iron and Wine album is pretty awesome.

Definitely, I don't know if it tops Shepherd's Dog but it is pretty solid. Nice to see him making a bigger toybox instead of sitting around whispering to himself for his entire career.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post something of hers I'm too lazy to make an account just to lurk

Hobbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess

Oh and for beer, definitely try some of the flemish sour ales. My favourite is Duchesse De Bourgogne.

This is great, I found it on draught in Brussels last month.

SPK mentioned Rodenbach, but Rodenbach Grand Cru far surpasses it.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
fing02[1].gif

Look at some Yohji Yamamoto shows. While his clothing may not be exactly to your tastes, it proves there's no age limit to steezing hard in your casual wear.

Thanks.

Took a look at Yohji Yamamoto and perhaps suprisingly I actually like a lot of it. Not keen on the Y3 stuff but the mainline is pretty good. Living in rural Kent it's not something I could convincingly wear even if I had the funds, but I like much of what he's done.

Originally Posted by scott.m
MoK, your swag is perfectly fine for your age and very appropriate imo.
Cheers

Originally Posted by snake
stella artois and pilsner urquell aren't bad.
I was thinking more along the lines of coors, bud, miller, ect. All the same to me.

I wish we had easier access to some of the decent US brews - the odd bottle I've had have been good. Sam Adams crops up sometimes but mostly we get your garbage coors, bud, miller, etc.
I doubt you get many of our better brews though...

Originally Posted by indesertum
this one's made of shirts not coats
DSC00006.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

altered
DSC06669.JPG

DSC06672.JPG

sick nonetheless. i'm sure price was astronomical. junya's reconstructed clothes are more useable i think than margiela's reconstructed clothes. margiela's pieces are more like art than actual clothes.

You're right those do look very wearable - it helps that the model's cute, but they look good.

Biggen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
don't love spaten; if you want a good light beer i suggest the 3 biggies: stella artois, pilsner urquell, and budvar from ceskie bujovice. the last two are stellar, by the way, and i believe they're usually cheaper than the belgian. if you want something to warm you up, samuel smith's chocolate stout is always a good bet (as are the other offerings, althugh they're slightly stale), but if you're going camping i suggest metaxa mixed with lemon and then held over a fire.

Yeah, budweiser(budvar) is a favourite of mine and had a nice pilsner urquell last night. Stella is nice too, but would say it's a bit behind those two. Another nice czech beer to try is Gambrinus and of course you could always go for Staropramen although personally I've grown a bit tired of that one. Would also recommend Innis & Gunn if one would like to try a lighter beer with some taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads