• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
My first shell cordovan shoe:

nst2.jpg

nst1.jpg

I guess if that is the color #8 ages to, then I will have to get a shoe or boot in that color. It looks great.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Need a name for covering all four of the major colors (8/Ravello/Cigar/Whiskey). I guess #4 is super-rare.

How about "hitting for the cycle".

Repost. I've also got black cordo Indy boots.
Cigar, whiskey, ravello, #4, #8.
cordocolors.jpg

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
Also, I'm thinking of getting another pair of Indy's as a general daily shoe, this time in the correct size. I've fallen in love with the Thomas (orthopedic) heel that its got on there, it's just incredibly comfortable for someone with fallen arches; in fact, the Trubalance last's description fits me perfectly. However, I don't know if I should go with the standard 405 or go with the darker 403 (brown chromexcel again).

I currently own brown chromexcel Ultimate Jumpers and J.Crew Indys (which I just sold as the sizing was a bit off) so I love the shade, just don't know if I'm taking too much of the same shade of brown... What's your input?

I personally like the shading of the 405 best, but my girl likes the 403 on me better. I prefer the functionality of the 404 over both, though. 'tis a sticky dillemma. Whenever I have this colour issue, I look at my favourite pair(s) of shoes and think "do I want another one of the same or something different?" My answer varies on my mood. There's no shame in having preference for the same colour, but it sacrifices versatility.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Off the top of my head:

Tanker in Chromexcel
Tanker Shell Color #8
Wingtip Boot Shell Color #8
Indy Boot Cigar
Indy Boot 405
Indy Boot Shell #8 - Plaza last
Indy Black
Wingtip Brown
Wingtip Cigar
Chukka Snuff Suede
Chukka Brown Scotch Grain
JCrew Suede Boot
JCrew Captoe Boot Shell #8
Alden x Steve Alan White Derby
Brown NST Shoe
Probably others deep in my closet

Coming In:
Tanker Ravello
LS Wingtip Boot in Chromexcel
Blue Suede Saddle from J. Gilbert
PTB Cigar
PTB Whiskey

Actively Looking For (will take at any price in my size 11-11.5D, just send me an offer):
Whiskey Boot - any
Burnished Tan Calf Indy - Plaza from LS
Burnished Tan Wingtip Boot
#4 Anything, lol

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
How about "hitting for the cycle".

Repost. I've also got black cordo Indy boots.
Cigar, whiskey, ravello, #4, #8.

Still looks good every time I see this.

Count me in for hitting for the cycle.

Schwinn Paramount

Reaction score
Sawadee krub ....first post here, but been lurking around SF Alden for a while. I know it doesn't matter that much. BUT first time I just got a delivered from J-Crew.... Alden for J.Crew Waxed Longwing Bluchers SHIPPED in J-Crew regular brown shoe box and not the gold lettering Alden box? Just a bit strange/cheap feeling. Anyone else recently got a pair from j-Crew?? on the side note: Had dealt with these guys and their customer services were excellent.. ++ for Yenni @Gilbert ++ for Adam @AoC ++ Spencer @Unionmadegoods ++ San Francisco Alden Store ++ -puck-

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
I guess if that is the color #8 ages to, then I will have to get a shoe or boot in that color. It looks great.

it can age in all kinds of ways

IMAG0104.jpg

borderline

Reaction score
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Originally Posted by phantomx48
Off the top of my head:

Tanker in Chromexcel
Tanker Shell Color #8
Wingtip Boot Shell Color #8
Indy Boot Cigar
Indy Boot 405
Indy Boot Shell #8 - Plaza last
Indy Black
Wingtip Brown
Wingtip Cigar
Chukka Snuff Suede
Chukka Brown Scotch Grain
JCrew Suede Boot
JCrew Captoe Boot Shell #8
Alden x Steve Alan White Derby
Brown NST Shoe
Probably others deep in my closet

Coming In:
Tanker Ravello
LS Wingtip Boot in Chromexcel
Blue Suede Saddle from J. Gilbert
PTB Cigar
PTB Whiskey

Actively Looking For (will take at any price in my size 11-11.5D, just send me an offer):
Whiskey Boot - any
Burnished Tan Calf Indy - Plaza from LS
Burnished Tan Wingtip Boot
#4 Anything, lol

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schwinn Paramount
Alden for J.Crew Waxed Longwing Bluchers SHIPPED in J-Crew regular brown shoe box and not the gold lettering Alden box? Just a bit strange/cheap feeling. Anyone else recently got a pair

Maybe they were from a store, and the box was misplaced. Or a return and the original box was damaged?

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schwinn Paramount
Sawadee krub ....first post here, but been lurking around SF Alden for a while.

I know it doesn't matter that much. BUT first time I just got a delivered from J-Crew....

Alden for J.Crew Waxed Longwing Bluchers SHIPPED in J-Crew regular brown shoe box and not the gold lettering Alden box? Just a bit strange/cheap feeling. Anyone else recently got a pair from j-Crew??

on the side note:
Had dealt with these guys and their customer services were excellent..
++ for Yenni @Gilbert ++ for Adam @AoC ++ Spencer @Unionmadegoods ++ San Francisco Alden Store ++

-puck-

My J.Crew captoes shipped in a regular J.Crew box aswell. (see pic below)

Since people are posting their Alden collection now that we hit the milestone I might as well repost mine.

IMG_3993.jpg

triumphman

Reaction score
My list is just 2 boots...

#8 Indy
NST Hawaiian Tankers in black calf

These lists are awesome!! Keep it coming

And trunk... You have 4 pairs of Aldens that are all unworn???

i10casual

Reaction score
Disappointed today. It's been windy in my town, 30-40mph gusts. I was filling up my car with gas and had the pump on auto. The wind blew the pump out of my car and gas/petrol flew into the air like a zoolander bit. It got on my pants but worse, also on my 2 month old Alden 403! They didn't stain but they smell bad.

I've saddle soaped them well tonight. I'm leaving them outside to air out. Maybe it will help. The right foot seems to have gotten the brunt of it around the laces area.
Any adice on getting the smell out?

lambchop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i10casual
Disappointed today. It's been windy in my town, 30-40mph gusts. I was filling up my car with gas and had the pump on auto. The wind blew the pump out of my car and gas/petrol flew into the air like a zoolander bit. It got on my pants but worse, also on my 2 month old Alden 403! They didn't stain but they smell bad.

I've saddle soaped them well tonight. I'm leaving them outside to air out. Maybe it will help. The right foot seems to have gotten the brunt of it around the laces area.
Any adice on getting the smell out?

I'll bet they will be fine. The fuel will probably evaporate on it's own. It's a work boot anyways right? That just adds to the patina.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
My J.Crew captoes shipped in a regular J.Crew box aswell. (see pic below)

Since people are posting their Alden collection now that we hit the milestone I might as well repost mine.

IMG_3993.jpg

My J. Crew LWB's in the tannish colorway came in a regular J. Crew box. The LWB's in dark brown came in an Alden box though.

adamssutherland

Reaction score
Unlined Snuff Suede Tassels from Alden DC
Burgundy Tassels
2x BB Unlined #8 Penny

WTB: #8 and Whiskey LWBs, #8 and Cigar Tassels

Oh and I know someone mentioned Mac having a spreadsheet...
It's funny what some people will do to combat insomnia... like counting a forum member's pairs of Aldens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads