• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Met this chick and I practically screwed myself.

bullrams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barry Off Eastenders

The secret for me is not caring and being able to write them off in a second, laugh about it and move on. I think that's were the cocky thing works, in my mind it's her fault so my confidence is still sky high, yeah it's all internal dialogue and a mind game but it works...
boxing[1].gif

Treat a girl like ****, and she is yours. Period.

I'm right now in the middle of mentoring a buddy of mine who has screwed up similarly. Thing is, everything was going on great with them when someone from her past showed up leaving this friend of mine high and dry!

Lot has changed these days!

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Probably best to change your location to 2 blue balls.

Originally Posted by polo votarient
Suck a D!C% LOL

Come on dude, that was the lulz!

Forget about this chick. You ruined your chances. There are a million more.

Beetleything

Reaction score
to summarize.....

Treat them mean - keep them keen....

Treat them nice -- pay the price.

Well known saying.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polo votarient
Shes the first chick Ive talked to in about 6 months thats my age, the otehr girls were about 6 years my senior. Im 20, so I think we would get along, I at least want a chance with this girl.

Bad news: the correct difference in age between man and woman is +10, not -0.5. You won't be the right age for any woman until you're about 30.

Good news: she was probably in heat and that's why she was so flirty at the club but suddenly lost interest a day or two later. Maintain minimal contact with some (clean but suggestive) text jokes until about four weeks after you met--then go get her.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by guster
DO Not ever use sweetheart again.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say WTF? And "swell?" That one died with the Lost Generation.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
You have much to learn. But there's hope...Not with this girl, but with the next one. Watch "The Tao of Steve". Forward to :45 for the lesson.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

You basically did this.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

You texted desperation and anxiousness to her. Once a girl smells desperation, it is done. Don't even try to get this girl back, you'll only be wasting your time. Seriously, don't text her again. Learn from this and move on. You lost this fish, cast your reel and catch another one. Don't contact this girl. Forget about her. You will find another one.

Your first text should have been something like: (do not try this now, it's over with that girl. This is just an example)

What were you saying - you were going to chase me for 3 months? I'm not THAT easy! BTW, I prefer candy over flowers...

The above displays that you're playful and confident. You turned the whole thing around - she's chasing you. This will be unbelievably attractive to most women, especially beautiful women who aren't used to someone turning the tables on them. Hot chicks are used to guys kissing their butts and tripping over themselves to please her. Don't be that guy. I know, I know - it sounds like you're an arrogant bastard. Girls love arrogant bastards - they really do. Why do you think girls are so crazy about bad boys? Confidence - You have to be the prize, not the other way around

(she'll text you back with many LOLs. This is a good sign. After 3 hours or more, you reply with this: )

I've got some things to do this weekend, but maybe we can meet next week for a drink. I know this really cool place. Wed, Thurs are good for me.

This shows you're a busy guy with plans. You also have a place planned out to take her to (find a place beforehand). Girls love a guy with a plan. You're also making her fit into your schedule, not the other way around.

(A few days later - a few days before you go for drinks/coffee with her - you text her with)

Hey, I met your twin yesterday. That wasn't you, was it?

This demonstrates that other girls of her caliber are willing to talk to you. This will create intense jealousy on her part - women are always in competition with each other, even if that 'other' was someone you made up. She barely knows you, yet all of a sudden she's magically attracted to you, if only because she's competing with 'the twin'!

This advice is spot on.

myke

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
Come on dude, that was the lulz!

Forget about this chick. You ruined your chances. There are a million more.

lol yes it was, I was just not in the mood lol. but yes it was funny.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
to summarize.....

Treat them mean - keep them keen....

Treat them nice -- pay the price.

Well known saying.

Sure, if you're looking for a one night stand.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bullrams
Treat a girl like ****, and she is yours. Period.

This is definitely true in some cases, but not always. Especially as you get a little older I feel like it tends to change a little. On the whole treat a girl like **** and she will like you thought....It's really about finding that right balance. You can be nice to her and treat her well without letting her walk all over you and still get a girl to like you. In my opinion, if a girl only likes you when you treat her like absolute ****, then she is a psychological train-wreck who has been fucked over by men her whole life and she is better off avoiding in the first place.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ideefixee
Are you a musician by any chance? If you play for a band or are the frontman, you don't even have to try.

Trust me. v_v

It's hit or miss.

Certainly more hit than whatever it is he's doing, or not doing, that means he's only met one girl his age in 6 months.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PLZ HALP. How do I get a girl into a position where I can treat her like ****?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this whole "treating a girl like ****" thing is a common misconception. Most are led to believe it because those successful with women, i.e. good looking men, usually don't fawn over them and shower them with ingratiating compliments, like those with less luck with the ladies do, i.e. ugly men. The reason being: they don't have to. They can afford to be douchebags for the very reason that they can move from one mate to another, without much concern of being able to succeed in doing so. However, correlation does not imply causation. It is not because they treat a girl like ****, that they are successful in acquiring her, it is because they can get a girl that they treat her like ****. The causality is reversed. The reason they are successful is most likely because the opposite sex is naturally physically attracted to them, and not their impudent personality. Obviously, I am speaking from a purely superficial level here. I believe this pattern is mostly seen amongst the youth, who are, for the most part, basing their attraction on appearances solely. It seems to be that once you get older, standards start to change and women, and men alike (although to a lesser degree), start to look for more valuable characteristics in the opposite sex, such as loyalty, compassion, intellect, and paternal instincts. At this point, those who still believe treating a woman like **** is key will most likely end up alone. So the most effective thing that those with less luck with the opposite sex can do is to devote their time getting into optimal health and peak physical condition. Having style is important as well; but a Tom Ford suit on a fat man is still, unfortunately, a fat man. Just my thoughts.

wootx

Reaction score
^^^ Good points. I totally agree with you here.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
PLZ HALP. How do I get a girl into a position where I can treat her like ****?

I've never been a "treat a girl like ****" kind of guy. However, I am the sort of guy that's generally indifferent to everyone (men and women). I tend to do my own thing. When I was younger I was focused on college, as I got older I was focused on my career. I didn't really have the time or inclination to chase after any women. However, I was successful. Not rich, but always well respected in any situation. To put it in style forum speak, I was alpha as ****
laugh.gif

I think women responded to that because they saw a driven successful person who tended to not give most people the time of day. Consequently, when I made time for a women or showed them deference, they responded very well. I'm sure that many people have assumed that I was an asshole due to my reserved and very private nature, but I have definitely been pursued by a number of desirable women. Before anyone asks, I am no Brad Pitt or anything. I stay in shape, am generally good looking, but I'm not very tall (5'8" or so).

So if you're actually looking for advice, I'd say you should focus on yourself. Get to the point that you're happy being alone. Cultivate a sort of aloof disposition, and concentrate on your own life. You might not bang 200 sluts in your life, but interesting good looking women will pursue you. At the same time, you'll be setting the foundation for a very nice life. I hope it works out.

Also, the best way to find slutty chicks to ******** with is to go to the bar and get drunk; especially the sort of bar that caters to the 27+ career women demographic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads