• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
any one know if you can still get laces from alden for free. my indy laces are on their last legs

yes. i emailed them last month and got laces in a couple days.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Edit: After looking at the pictures from 2-3 pages back, I think it can work with a suit.
Thanks...I thought the chromexcel version of the jumper boots was actually much too casual for my office setting, but was hoping that the shell version would work better.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marg
yes. i emailed them last month and got laces in a couple days.

which email please?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My whiskey and ravello LWBs after ONE WEAR. All you Alden haters are gonna love this, but honestly, this is my first bad experience with ANY Alden shoe, and I'm confident if I send them back to the factory, they can fix the problem.

IMG_2160-1.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Nice selection of cordovan. Need a name for covering all four of the major colors (8/Ravello/Cigar/Whiskey). I guess #4 is super-rare.

The Grand Slam? As much as I'd kill for a #4, I've put it out of mind as it seems fairly unattainable.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYR: Ask the shops you bought them from for a "return authorization" for "repair and return." Alden should fix and send back to you.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
My first shell cordovan shoe:
nst1.jpg

Is that Cigar? Looks great. how old are they? I tried a NST (all weather walker) but returned them because they were way too heavy. Is the heavy weight specific to the AWW sole or to the NST model?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
The Grand Slam? As much as I'd kill for a #4, I've put it out of mind as it seems fairly unattainable.

Get yer self some Riders in no. 4 and no. 6.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Is that Cigar? Looks great. how old are they? I tried a NST (all weather walker) but returned them because they were way too heavy. Is the heavy weight specific to the AWW sole or to the NST model?

They're color #8 from 2000/2001.

The weight you felt was most likely due to the crepe sole.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
NYR: Ask the shops you bought them from for a "return authorization" for "repair and return." Alden should fix and send back to you.

Thanks LS...and those first pair of yours are
inlove.gif

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Get yer self some Riders in no. 4 and no. 6.

Yeah, I know Franco's has a number 6 in my size, but I don't need to make this habit any worse.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
Quick question: For anyone who has the LeatherSoul Ultimate Jumpers in #8, do you think those boots are sufficiently dressy that they can be worn with suits or are they primarily a casual boot for jeans? Thinking of grabbing a pair before the price increase. Much appreciated.
I don't believe they are appropriate for wear with a suit because of the shape of the Trubalance last. You could wear them but they will look odd.

If you want a boot that can be worn with jeans and a suit, your best bet is probably something on the Barrie last. I think a wingtip, cap toe, or chukka boot could be worn with either.

nbernie

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of #4 and #6?

Aldens I have:
Whiskey Shell LW
dark brown calf LW (for Blackbird)
Burgundy Shell tassel loafers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads