• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
At least you could have posted a good pic!
confused.gif

I have one all ready to go.

david3558

Reaction score
Man, this past half year... been buying so many damn pairs of Aldens. Thank you LS for fueling the rage
devil.gif

I don't put my shoes away because I like staring at them haha - that Plaza last is just incredible.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
I have one all ready to go, but can't post while at work, haha.
You can edit it in later! Ten thousand posts and still so many last questions. Maybe it's a good time to put up a list of your Aldens so we can see what the most popular models are. Does Mac have a spreadsheet that he uses to rotate through his collection and decide when to polish? I have three with a few coming: Alden-JCrew longwing, dark brown (the gateway shoe) Alden longwing, #8 Alden unlined suede chukka, tan On order: Alden-Leffot longwing, Ravello (spring) Alden-LSH chukka, chromexcel (summer) With three LW and 2 chukkas I think there is room for some others. Probably PTB to start.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
why did I have to look at this thread...now that I know Leather Sole is 15 minutes away from me in Bev Hills....I thought my shopping was done for this month.Digging the Ultimate Jumper Boot
man I've been on a clothing hiatus for a good year now...maybe longer. I manage not to buy a single piece of clothing/shoes. The jumper is sparking my interests again.
sneaky2.gif

Pastor

Reaction score
Wanted to make my first post on this thread. I just ordered a pair of Alden Cigar Long Wings and a pair of Ravello Wing Tip Boots. Both will be here on Thursday. These are my first Alden's and my first Cordovan shoes. Can't wait to get them.

joz411no

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

Any of you had any experience with matching one of Tanner Goods belts with brown Chromexcel? I just scooped a pair of the new Jumpers and was checkin' out the Mahogany as opposed to the Havana belt. Mahogany looks like the color to go with but the variations in photos make me question it all.

Joe

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
Wanted to make my first post on this thread. I just ordered a pair of Alden Cigar Long Wings and a pair of Ravello Wing Tip Boots. Both will be here on Thursday. These are my first Alden's and my first Cordovan shoes. Can't wait to get them.

Its addictive man! Cordovan is awesome; i preordered three pairs of cordovan aldens this month alone : \\

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Don't be shy, we know there are some serious collectors out there
bigstar[1].gif

Whiskey Long wing
Whiskey Cap toe
Whiskey NST
Cigar Chukka
#8 Chukka (commando)
#8 PTB
Ravello Long wing (crepe)
Ravello PTB

AF-84 (brown wing tip calf)
Dark Tan calf cap toe boot

On order:

Cigar NST
9432s PTB for bad weather

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Whiskey Long wing
Whiskey Cap toe
Whiskey NST
Cigar Chukka
#8 Chukka (commando)
#8 PTB
Ravello Long wing (crepe)
Ravello PTB

AF-84 (brown wing tip calf)
Dark Tan calf cap toe boot

On order:

Cigar NST
9432s PTB for bad weather

Nice selection of cordovan. Need a name for covering all four of the major colors (8/Ravello/Cigar/Whiskey). I guess #4 is super-rare.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question: For anyone who has the LeatherSoul Ultimate Jumpers in #8, do you think those boots are sufficiently dressy that they can be worn with suits or are they primarily a casual boot for jeans? Thinking of grabbing a pair before the price increase. Much appreciated.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any one know if you can still get laces from alden for free. my indy laces are on their last legs

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
Quick question: For anyone who has the LeatherSoul Ultimate Jumpers in #8, do you think those boots are sufficiently dressy that they can be worn with suits or are they primarily a casual boot for jeans? Thinking of grabbing a pair before the price increase. Much appreciated.
Edit: After looking at the pictures from 2-3 pages back, I think it can work with a suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads