• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uncontrol no more jokes from you
laugh.gif

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I sure as hell did not get a warm welcome, but seeing as 99% of the population does not even know what some of these brands even mean....this is pretty much a niche thing around here. I respect people that don't give a **** and dress like they want, theres a dude around here that to me dresses like chick, but I respect that...being yourself. There is nothing wrong with skinny jeans btw, as long as they are not leggings or something that is obviously wayyyy too tight. Lets face it, if anyone is like me, the end game to dressing nice and going through all this trouble is *****. Funny thing is you go up to your average hot chick and MMM means a pack of chocolate to them. Some people do take this place a little serious and I've handled some of these clothes and do not get all the hype, but hey it is what is.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Surely you're not suggesting I should try to hide one of my best features?

[srsly]Slightly embarrassed now.[/srsly]

Obs - I know you like simple clean looks from your excellent MC shots, but with jeans and a T you don't have the sharp lines to add interest. Maybe try swapping the T for a white henley and going for a sleekish pair of black boots (Chelsea's, Chukkas or plain cap-toes?). I think you'd also suit a jean with more taper from the knee - slim rather than skinny.

Originally Posted by kwoyeu
IMAG0460-1.jpg

cp vintage nubuck/green
boo shirt
rlbl vest

I'd prefer this with boots rather than sneakers but it's basically good.

xM.

Reaction score
dressing like i'm 18 again will probably be page-turned again. anyways back to arguing!

coldforge

Reaction score
uncontrol, I thought it was funny, anyway.

To the point: there is absolutely no style/fashion divide. None whatsoever. The only reason that you have men's style blogs cropped up all over the place right now, all talking about 'classic style' and posting pictures of Cary Grant, is because we had a recession and Mad Men at the same time. Classic, simplified mid 20th century lines are back in right now—as well as heritage clothes based on workwear models from the same period. I don't think I should have to point out that those two fashions are themselves wholly incompatible, aesthetically, and just happen to represent two different trends of what's in right now.

Over the last year a lot of young, internet-savvy men—like myself—have become more interested in dressing well. We usually start out by saying that we're interested in style, and not fashion, because we're emerging directly from a state where we were very distrustful of the entire apparatus of fashion. Don't worry. After a little while of buying clothes and discovering what you like and what you don't like—and it's gonna be pretty ******* rare that you'll have developed this interest, found yourself the style blogs, and then after a year or so decided that, you know what, I DO only want to dress in Brooks Brothers and J Press all the time—you'll realize that 'style' is just conservative fashion, and taking an interest in what's new as well as what's old doesn't make you frivolous, or totally gay.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
need to introduce a joke icon for the slower members of the board

Ive seen weirder **** posted here with pure straight face so one can never be too sure.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cacatfish
Ive seen weirder **** posted here with pure straight face so one can never be too sure.

I thought it was universally know that everything on the net is indeed sarcasm. How can you tell it's a straight faced comment anyways?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryanayrb
Chinoguy

Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
What does a real man of style wear?

Originally Posted by xM.
chinos

lol8[1].gif
@ this sequence

Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Lets face it, if anyone is like me, the end game to dressing nice and going through all this trouble is *****. Funny thing is you go up to your average hot chick and MMM means a pack of chocolate to them. Some people do take this place a little serious and I've handled some of these clothes and do not get all the hype, but hey it is what is.

Nobody here is like you.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
lol8[1].gif
@ this sequence

Nobody here is like you.

Nor would I want them to be. Maybe in your case I should of said all the trouble is chasing dic....ahh, what the hell. I'll just leave it at that.

As much as people try to deny it, this thread would not be as popular if not for the hissy fits thrown daily, judging on past and present comments.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xM.
I'm not too crazy about what Synth does but he rocks his own style pretty well I'd say. That fit is overkill with the jacket IMO but I really dig the layering otherwise.
I am a big fan of what Synth does these days and I love most of those pieces but I didn't like this fit much overall. When you do interesting and different things it's like swinging for the fences, you're bound to take a few strikes.
Lets face it, if anyone is like me, the end game to dressing nice and going through all this trouble is *****.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

coldforge

Reaction score
Very nice. I like the gloves a lot better against the lighter jacket.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Nor would I want them to be. Maybe in your case I should of said all the trouble is chasing dic....ahh, what the hell. I'll just leave it at that.

As much as people try to deny it, this thread would not be as popular if not for the hissy fits thrown daily, judging on past and present comments.

So anyone who doesn't dress for ***** is dressing for dick? You're such a dumbass.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Waffle
thanks for the comments!

duffle - zara, jacket - collaboration between harris tweed and a swedish brand, shirt - these glory days, jeans - april77, boots - whyred.

the angle isn't very flattering, i'm not as tall as i look in the photo. it's taken by my much shorter girlfriend with a wide angle lens but i agree that the jacket is looking too cropped. it's not as bad as it looks like though, and the shirt will get tucked in when i find a nicer looking belt.
smile.gif

I love Zara's jackets... I bought a 3/4 length military-style trench from them a couple months ago for 250 that looked and fit almost just like an $1800 burberry version that I was frothing over for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads