• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new (to me) RL Garran. Dark Brown Shell.
IMAG0142.jpg

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Yeah, the toe on the TG73 is similar to 888. You have to admit they do look similar though:

i guess the same designer is the main reason

Originally Posted by Groover
The medallion on 888 last seems set further back than the same shoe on the 82:

EDIT: Appears that the 82 shorter in the toe, meaning the medallion needs to be punched slightly further from the brogue line on the 888. All could all just be the angle of the photo tho...

DSC04431.jpg

i think this looks the best of all, is this edwardian?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Fresh Arrival. LP 'Snow Dream Walk', Storm system, fully lined Beaver Boots.
No more cold feet...

Those look so damn soft.

oranjes

Reaction score
My second MTO shoes. These are Vass styled monkstraps, made in Vietnam.

img8020r.jpg

img8023r.jpg

img8026r.jpg

img8027r.jpg

Much appreciate you guys' criticisms and comments.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
The 82 just cuts hard right (on the left shoe) from the toe so any medallion would have to be adjusted accordingly. Search for "Malvern 82" and see.
The medallion is the same on the 82 & the 888, punch size and overall size, I've seem them both in the flesh, it's the last that's making it's position different look different. On one of my many visits to Sargents I discussed the issues faced when taking a style designed for a certain last to work on another. In the main it's not too much of a problem, the pattern (the pieces of leather cut and then closed) can work across a varying degree of lasts, the real skill lies with the laster, positioning the closed upper correctly over the last and ensuring it's lasted "true". However, elements such as the medallion can be moved if required. That in itself is a skill as the punch is a small die (sp) positioned by hand. Out of interest here is another pic of Inverness on the 888 and the medallion is much closer to the front of the shoe. The distance between the brogue line and the start of the medallion looks similar, which leads me to conclude the size of the shoe is having an affect on how much space is left between the end of the medallion and the front of the shoe. It's not a criticism btw, just an observation. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...8&postcount=32

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
i think this looks the best of all, is this edwardian?
Originally Posted by NORE
Chestnut
Thanks Luk-Cha, you're correct it's Edwardian. NORE, these are a couple of years old now and have darkened/burnished with age. Chestnut from EG has more reddish undertones from the outset. Some other pics of the same pair..
DSC04429.jpg
DSC04430.jpg
DSC04430.jpg

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks Luk-Cha, you're correct it's Edwardian.

NORE, these are a couple of years old now and have darkened/burnished with age. Chestnut from EG has more reddish undertones from the outset.

Some other pics of the same pair..

biggrin.gif
these look great! i love edwardian, i wonder what a topdraw dover would look like?

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
biggrin.gif
these look great! i love edwardian, i wonder what a topdraw dover would look like?

cheers.gif

Dover in Edwardian? How much are TD now?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Those Carmina are nice,can you post more shots? How do you go about placing MTO order?

mrmax

Reaction score
Thanks. Will try and take more this week...

I have been working with Carmina in Madrid for quite a few years. I place orders with them directly.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cheers.gif

Dover in Edwardian? How much are TD now?

i wonder how different the finishing would be IE waist treatment etc

Originally Posted by Xiaogou
£900

is this including VAT ETC?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads