• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you decide to do the suede patches, might as well have the buttons replaced with chestnut brown braided leather ones : )

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
I however don't subscribe to the stacked jeans thing. They break once in the front, which I find perfect. You can see this in the full body where I am standing up straight. In the shoe shot, they are pulled up higher since I am bending down with the camera.

I'm not seeing what makes the individual pieces "old man". I can get that feeling about the loafers, but even that is highly dependent on your perspective.

your jeans are hemmed like dress pants. I am not talking about the break -- there is no visible stitching at the hem. That looks odd to me.

Waffle

Reaction score
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2555.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
your jeans are hemmed like dress pants. I am not talking about the break -- there is no visible stitching at the hem. That looks odd to me.
Same thought I had.

The shoes also screamed 'old man' to me. It can be subjective on my part, but I like all style of dress shoes...wing tips, cap toes, Norwegian welt, etc. except for that style.

I actually like the cardigan and the pattern of the tie.

If the age Moo stated is true, then I'm around your bracket too for what it's worth.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
I have thought about the suede elbow patches. I do think it could be a nice look.

I think light blue chambray could be really nice. I've been looking for one for a while.

Shoes would be good sans socks, but its a bit cold for now. It will happen once it warms up.

love the tie, wish it were slimmer though i think that would help a lot. if you dont want stacks you gotta go a whole lot darker than that in terms of wash

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Waffle are those your balls or camel toe? The ridiculously short jacket makes your already elongated self look otherwordly, like an extra in Avatar sans blue skin. You should consider a more balanced outfit the next time you venture out of the Gaia.

chrisb0109

Reaction score

ah, I see. They are actually not hemmed, just folded up. I have been putting off getting them done, then just sort of forgot. Now that it has been brought to my attention, maybe I'll finally have them hemmed.

Originally Posted by wj4
Same thought I had.

The shoes also screamed 'old man' to me. It can be subjective on my part, but I like all style of dress shoes...wing tips, cap toes, Norwegian welt, etc. except for that style.

I actually like the cardigan and the pattern of the tie.

If the age Moo stated is true, then I'm around your bracket too for what it's worth.

I think tassel loafer have that effect on a lot of people. I like them and have seen them on young people. Not that it matters, but it seems like I see them all the time on American Prep fashion blogs, and some of the Italian-centric ones.

Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
love the tie, wish it were slimmer though i think that would help a lot. if you dont want stacks you gotta go a whole lot darker than that in terms of wash

Thanks. I love the tie as well. Its only 3 inches wide, which as about where I like my ties, excluding knits which I like a bit narrower.

What is the rational for no stack requiring a darker wash? That doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't want any of my pants to be too long, regardless of color.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Waffle are those your balls or camel toe? The ridiculously short jacket makes your already elongated self look otherwordly, like an extra in Avatar sans blue skin. You should consider a more balanced outfit the next time you venture out of the Gaia.

there is no camel toe there. its clearly just the way the jeans fold when standing still. the jacket looks great i think. italian style tailoring. seems like youre just knocking someone for the point of it. are you short by any chance?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
there is no camel toe there. its clearly just the way the jeans fold when standing still. the jacket looks great i think. italian style tailoring. seems like youre just knocking someone for the point of it. are you short by any chance?

Incorrect. The jacket looks tiny on his long frame. It is not a good look for him. I am likely shorter than him, but not short by the standard of height in my country.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol ~

it is destiny

edit-you think that colorblock shirt would not fit? so sad. I have a 40 (spring) that fits and a 40 (fall) that doesnt (in my FS threak). I was hoping that yours would run on the larger side, since it is spring collection.

my bad i been bad about responding to pms i'll get you and other homie some measurements

gimme your cardi, it should be big on you no? please tell me yes

Originally Posted by Greylabel
Nice fit Johan.. I don't mind a half zip sweater, I don't understand all the hate. I think a bit of it is mob mentality.

It is not unfounded they look dumb as ****.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Moo is either trolling or he's about to have a total breakdown.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catching up.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Originally Posted by sexonfabric
I really enjoy your posts...this look is great!

Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Pretty solid fit but I think you should avoid stripes. They draw attention to your chest.

Originally Posted by sexonfabric
Totally disagree...

Originally Posted by jet
+1 good to have mok on this side of the forum

Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
I'm gonna go with sexonfabric here, and say that MoK looks pretty good in stripes.

Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
wtf is wrong with his chest?

also, MOK- just say trousers.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Your stuff continues to impress; your last few have been really good.

Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
I think the striped shirt is creating the same effect, although it could also be how the jacket is lying... But I think a solid shirt might of worked better in this situation.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
+1 to others, excellent

Thanks guys. I think it's more the 'V' the jacket creates with the hands in pockets that emphasises the chest rather than the stripes. Still it could be worse it could be emphasising my beer gut.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads