• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ubc121
So I'm going to pick up a new pair of raws and am especially focused on the PBJ xx-005. Do I pick the pair that I can barely do up the top button or just TTS?

I wouldn't get PBJs that tight raw, because they use unsanforized denim, which will shrink 1-2" in the waist with repeated washing. Plus, even if you are able to get back into them after they shrink, sizing down that much will almost definitely cause the thighs on this cut to be too tight for you.

It's generally recommended to size down 1 from your true waist measurement on this cut, unless you have really skinny legs, then you can probably get away with sizing down 2.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a pleasant discovery from laundry today:

Recently i wore a brand new Real Madrid home jersey to classes with my once-soaked pbjx007s. I had hot soaked them for a good, long time, and hadn't noticed indigo rubbing off on anything so I figured i was ok. Upon getting home though, the white jersey (100% poly) had a tinge of blue all around the area that had touched the jeans at all. I was somewhat disheartened.

Today, while doing laundry I decided to get the stain out. Did bleach soaks, etc. nothing worked. Then i pulled out this product that a friend had recommended years ago, but was just sitting in the top of the cabinet.

Zout.

pACE3-4454599dt.jpg

I rubbed the indigo-ed area for about 5 minutes, with a bit of elbow grease, saturating it with this stuff. Bam. No more blue tinge. The Real jersey is just as white as when I first got it.

Anyways - for all those with blue rubbing off on your kicks or white v-necks, i highly recommend this. That is all.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
cool tino. good to know. did you get that at fresh market?

so do you go to many of the real games down in sandy? if you do let me know ... i usually get tickets that we never use.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider
facepalm.gif

Better than those catalanes culos, bud
boxing[1].gif
Originally Posted by whatever123
cool tino. good to know. did you get that at fresh market? so do you go to many of the real games down in sandy? if you do let me know ... i usually get tickets that we never use.
I don't quite remember where - Wal-Mart, actually i think. And i would gladly take Real tickets from you anytime. School schedules can make it hard to get up to as many games as I'd like, but having tickets in my hand is pretty good motivation.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Just thought I'd share a pleasant discovery from laundry today:

Recently i wore a brand new Real Madrid home jersey to classes with my once-soaked pbjx007s. I had hot soaked them for a good, long time, and hadn't noticed indigo rubbing off on anything so I figured i was ok. Upon getting home though, the white jersey (100% poly) had a tinge of blue all around the area that had touched the jeans at all. I was somewhat disheartened.

Today, while doing laundry I decided to get the stain out. Did bleach soaks, etc. nothing worked. Then i pulled out this product that a friend had recommended years ago, but was just sitting in the top of the cabinet.

Zout.

I rubbed the indigo-ed area for about 5 minutes, with a bit of elbow grease, saturating it with this stuff. Bam. No more blue tinge. The Real jersey is just as white as when I first got it.

Anyways - for all those with blue rubbing off on your kicks or white v-necks, i highly recommend this. That is all.

With your avatar, shouldn't you be wearing a Barcelona jersey?
biggrin.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
With your avatar, shouldn't you be wearing a Barcelona jersey?
biggrin.gif

It's a cruel world where your favorite player dons the opposition's shirt. I'm satisfied when Messi pulls on the albiceleste. And, I have to say, even for all the goals he puts up, Ronaldo is still a douche - madridista o no.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a cruel world where your favorite player dons the opposition's shirt.

I'm satisfied when Messi pulls on the albiceleste.

And, I have to say, even for all the goals he puts up, Ronaldo is still a douche - madridista o no.

LOL!

gastarbeider

Reaction score
It's a cruel world where your favorite player dons the opposition's shirt.

I'm satisfied when Messi pulls on the albiceleste.

And, I have to say, even for all the goals he puts up,
Ronaldo is still a douche - madridista o no.

redundant.

mishin900

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
its fine. your height worked out to your advantage in this case

Could you explain me how my height helped the look? thx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
being short allowed you to stack the bottom of the jeans, which mitigates the taper of the 19cm. if you were taller, you'd look top heavy. this is the exact problem i have with tapered jeans.

mishin900

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
being short allowed you to stack the bottom of the jeans, which mitigates the taper of the 19cm. if you were taller, you'd look top heavy. this is the exact problem i have with tapered jeans.
So does this mean that my height is just tall enough to give me a balanced look overall?? I always have tapered jeans stack on the bottom because otherwise my legs would look like chicken legs lol And with Dior Homme jeans, it's almost impossible to not stack the bottom unless you're like 6 feet with long legs lol

heysf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacob_G
Was only available in 36 ;/ too tight?
The answer depends on who you ask. In my opinion nice and not too tight
smile.gif
Originally Posted by whatever123
that is one of the better nudie cuts ive seen. at that price you got a good deal. i cant stand the back pocket stitching but you might like them. take fit pics when you get them.
Originally Posted by Biff
...pretty good cut... and as they're selvege, probably one of the better pairs of nudies you could get...
I thought so too, thanks. The back pocket stitching doesn't bother me at all.

dan138zig

Reaction score
Hi guys, So, I just bought this pair of jeans. When I tried it on, the waist was okay, but all parts below it just screamed baggy since I'm skinny (56 kg/176 cm). Since it's shrink-to-fit, I'm thinking of soaking it with hot water to get the most shrink possible. Here lays the question: what should I do with the waist part? It's hard to keep it off the water. Should I just wear it while soaking so the waist part won't get too small? But if I wear it then the water can't be too hot, so does this mean the shrink won't be optimal? Thanks. Sorry if you can't understand my English.

dan138zig

Reaction score
when people say use dryer after soaking, do they mean regular tumble dryer found on was machines in every household?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads