• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

mrpress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
I don't even see why Gap is a consideration these days.

I keep telling this to people even though no one listens, but I'll say it anyway: there is NO DIFFERENCE in quality whatsoever between BR, Gap and Old Navy items, yet ON often charges a tenth of what BR charges. If you are willing to spend even a few minutes browsing in a store or on the web, BR and especially the Gap (the worst of the three) are not good values at all.

You're saying ON is a good value? I had one henley from ON that shrunk horribly and had holes at the wrists after like three wears and a wash. Not worth it even if it costs less than $10. And ON is way more vanity sized for the fat dads that shop there.

I have two pair of vintage slims from the gap and like them quite a bit. Don't have any Tailored but you can be sure they fit much better and will last longer than...these http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=814858002

silvermagenta

Reaction score
My chinos:
5424616554_829900468d_z.jpg
I got a black one that I'm currently wearing. IRL, blue's two shades and the green's a shade darker.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
I just got my order from Dockers. I ordered 1 Wader in Tobacco (only one they had in my size) and 2 slim-fit soft khakis.

The Wader is seriously awesome. It feels like a worn-in pair of jeans already. Might be my new favorite.

What's up with the D1 soft khakis though? The only place they're "slim" is in the crotch area. They're huge in the thigh (seriously look baggy) and the leg opening is pretty much bootcut. They call this slim?

It's a shame the Waders are sold out in my size (30w) almost everywhere. Here's hoping they restock, because I'm going to buy a few pairs as soon as they do.

silvermagenta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
What are they you complete cock

No need to get testy, broheim. It's three pairs of lightweight Japanese cotton-twill trousers made by a tailor in Manila, Philippines. Cost me $75 w/o shipping.

pokey07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
I just got my order from Dockers. I ordered 1 Wader in Tobacco (only one they had in my size) and 2 slim-fit soft khakis.

The Wader is seriously awesome. It feels like a worn-in pair of jeans already. Might be my new favorite.

What's up with the D1 soft khakis though? The only place they're "slim" is in the crotch area. They're huge in the thigh (seriously look baggy) and the leg opening is pretty much bootcut. They call this slim?

It's a shame the Waders are sold out in my size (30w) almost everywhere. Here's hoping they restock, because I'm going to buy a few pairs as soon as they do.

What does the hem measure on the Waders, and you went TTS?

Thanks

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy 1 pair, second 45% off, + free shipping on dockers.com.

D1s (and waders) are on sale for $30. Two pairs with shipping ran me $51.

What really sucks about waders is the short inseam. I guess that's the whole schtick, hence "waders," but I can't roll with that much ankle, unless I'm walking on the beach.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the waders in tobacco as well. Perfect deal for $22 shipped, I will try and grab more in the future because I can see myself wearing cropped pants all spring/summer.

Zackb911

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
Buy 1 pair, second 45% off, + free shipping on dockers.com.

D1s (and waders) are on sale for $30. Two pairs with shipping ran me $51.

What really sucks about waders is the short inseam. I guess that's the whole schtick, hence "waders," but I can't roll with that much ankle, unless I'm walking on the beach.

Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up 4 pairs for $97 Shipped. They're offering free returns too in case I dont like them.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah screw it, just ordered two pairs of waders.
Maybe I'll start liking my ankles more.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS for all the people trying waders, I sized up 1 for mine because I found that they run on the small side

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Just a heads up, the Dockers website now has Khaki Waders in Earth and Hazy Jade in the 30W size back in stock. (for those that were looking for that size, as it was sold out for weeks it seems)

I just ordered those 2 to add to my Tobacco. Use code "welcome3" to get free shipping with no minimum. They also have a 15% off $100 and free shipping deal going on.

These are gonna be my favorite pants this Spring.

Kop away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads