• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Hinsdale

seanrye

Reaction score
What's the overall though of these shoes? I'm thinking of getting a pair but I can't seem to find them in my size (9.5 - brown).

Any similar alternatives or places these might be available?

BBC

Reaction score
The AE Lombard is pretty close - just seems to have a little more brouging.

AllenEdmonds-Lombard-500x320.jpg

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the Hinsdale in brown - just before they ran out of my size on the clearance sale. I really like them.

I also have the Lombard and it is similar. But the toe cap is much longer on the Hinsdale and the lacing area is smaller on the Hinsdale - tends to hide under the pant leg more.

Also, the Lombard last is bit narrower than the Hinsdale.

Either way, you have a very nice wingtip. I only got the Hinsdales in addition to the Lombard because I wanted a dark brown wingtip.

Chris

phelan77

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Saw a good deal on an allen edmonds Hinsdale shoe but i need some feedback on the hinsdale fitting as this will be my first AE shoe.

Is the Hinsdale last a generous last? How would you compare the hinsdale sizing to J&M aldrich shoe? I'm currently using the Aldrich shoe in 3E size and am wondering wheather the AE shoe is as wide as the aldrich.

Thank You

well-kept

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I think it's odd that the Allen Edmonds Hinsdale used to be a penny loafer

Yes, and a perfect one, in my opinion. Why they discontinued it is one mystery. Why, with all the names in the English language, they reused this one, and so soon, is another mystery. AE has reused other model names... Saratoga, Bristol... on entirely different shoes.

My mid-90s shell Hinsdales are the shoes I have loved and worn more than any other pair.

Now back to the original topic...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads