• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bows, that is so dope.
boots look great. i really like the gloves, nice touch..

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E on that supervillian swag.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, I've always been the less is more kind of guy, and I can't really steez in Psych class. I have a NDG cardigan, it's just wayyy to hot, I was uncomfortable in the jeans tbh

@bows, the first thing that came to mind was HEY MCFLY!! Haha, just playing. Your fit gave me some ideas for a Valentines day fit

Unknown-1.jpg

coldforge

Reaction score
Bows, I'm afraid I'm not feeling it. I don't like the collar"”the fraying is nice but the two buttons way open kills it for me. I assume you were referring to the fact that the collar kept flopping over your jacket, which I reckon has to do with that. But I also just think the look is really incongruous.

The gloves are an interesting choice but they don't work with a jacket of the exact same color; at the first couple looks they just make your sleeves look vastly over-sized; combined with the slightly boxy fit of the blazer, it makes it look way too big for you. Unfortunately, once I realize visually that they are gloves, they make the sleeves of the jacket look tiny. I can't really tell if that's the jacket's fault or not. It might be the cardi's, bulking out under the sleeves and making them look underequipped for your arms.

Finally I don't think the jeans and the blazer work together"”also because they're both black. The drape of the pants makes it clear that they're a different fabric, but the identical color doesn't differentiate them enough from the jacket. So the effect is that they look mismatched, rather than just unmatched. I think going charcoal in the jacket or grey on the jeans would help a lot with that issue.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Not doing it right.

Unless some brand I have not heard of offers "baller" scrubs, can't be done

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doma offered some cover-alls
wink.gif
steve, that is nice and clean..great stuff bud.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What up bows.
WorldChampions.jpg
Still feeling the effects of celebrating the Packers victory. So worth it as I'm flying high despite the mean mugs present in these pictures. World Champions, baby! ToJ Giuliano Fujiwara RRL W+H Paul Smith

steezin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
Bows, I'm afraid I'm not feeling it. I don't like the collar—the fraying is nice but the two buttons way open kills it for me.

The gloves are an interesting choice but they don't work with a jacket of the exact same color; at the first couple looks they just make your sleeves look vastly over-sized; combined with the slightly boxy fit of the blazer, it makes it look way too big for you.

Finally I don't think the jeans and the blazer work together—also because they're both black.

+1, the jacket-trouser combo looks off as do the gloves with the blazer
Shirt collar looks slo[ppy especially accompanied with it being untucked
The hair is a nice idea but looks way to greasy

The bottom half looks really good though, trousers/boots look swell
Edit: Nice fit nil, you look scary as **** though

coldforge

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can think of many good ways to wear an untucked dress shirt with a blazer, though I'm sure they're out there. Cropped blazer plus untucked shirt with long tails is one, but that's pretty constructed steez.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are alright bows, you are alright

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I approve of Nil's supervillain hand rubbing signature pose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads