• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
eeeeyup

waywrn014.jpg

What pants are those? I dig the color.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have $497 worth of stuff sitting in my cart on epauletshop.com. It's been a while since I've bought anything. Maybe I should just man up and do it?

2 Shirts(charcoal flannel and white spread collar), Pewter tweed trousers, and the Navy bowtie. Gahhhh so tempting!
ffffuuuu.gif

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Are you a size 30, TKJTG? If so, you should man up and buy everything except the pewter tweed trousers. I need to start buying **** from Mike again.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
I have $497 worth of stuff sitting in my cart on epauletshop.com. It's been a while since I've bought anything. Maybe I should just man up and do it? 2 Shirts(charcoal flannel and white spread collar), Pewter tweed trousers, and the Navy bowtie. Gahhhh so tempting!
ffffuuuu.gif

checkout.jpg

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
^ Are you a size 30, TKJTG? If so, you should man up and buy everything except the pewter tweed trousers. I need to start buying **** from Mike again.

Naw, 32. Otherwise I'd be all over your rivet chinos.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why did you have to have the whiskey longwing in stock in a 10.5? damn you!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Congrats Mike!

Now, when are we going to see some new items online with a sneak peek here first of course
biggrin.gif

Thank you sir! Got new merch going online shortly, and I'll link it all up here first. This Gant Rugger parka is especially tight. I'll post some preview pics later today.

Originally Posted by ysb
Just received my pair of the Epaulet x Staple chinos. They've got this reinforced cuff that I noticed another pair of my pants has. Can I cuff this pant or is it weird to show this thing? the purple's definitely neat, but had to ask.

Very cool, I love those pants. The purple reinforcement was Staple's idea - they wanted a small flash of color when it's cuffed. It looks good when you wear it, it's pretty subtle. They're great trousers with brown boots - especially suede ones.

Originally Posted by dsoren
Oh, and sizing question: if an Epaulet small fits me perfectly, what would I be in one of the Ashland shirts?

It's not too heavy, it's some of the lightest flannel that I've felt. You could easily wear in in 60's-70's temps. Going to be too hot for the Summertime though.

And good question on Ashland - you'd be either an XS or a Small. If the Epaulet Small is pretty slim on you, then I'd recommend an Ashland Small too - it's not much bigger.

Originally Posted by PeteZaSak
Any chance in the future that you guys going to bring Schott slim bomber with the great price point you guys have?

Unfortunately, they don't make one at that price. Wish that they did. We're working on another brown leather piece for the Fall which will fall in-between those two prices, but be absolutely, postively, ridiculously good quality. And a perfect cut. It's going to be a monster.

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Gave my Smiths a soak last night to get rid of any shrinkage -- minor though it might be. There was a ton of indigo loss in the tub, a real cool teal color. After drying they're not stiff as a board. I'm looking forward to trying them back on and breaking them in.

Awesome, very cool! Just as a heads-up, some customers have experienced a lot of stretching when they soak the jeans. For a raw denim, it's pretty soft, so the long soak really relaxes it. If you do a warm wash for the next time, they'll shrink up to about normal size.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
eeeeyup

Looking good as always! Hold it down in Venice!

Originally Posted by TKJTG
I have $497 worth of stuff sitting in my cart on epauletshop.com. It's been a while since I've bought anything. Maybe I should just man up and do it?

2 Shirts(charcoal flannel and white spread collar), Pewter tweed trousers, and the Navy bowtie. Gahhhh so tempting!
ffffuuuu.gif

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by scb
why did you have to have the whiskey longwing in stock in a 10.5? damn you!

montell+jordan+this+is+how+we+do+it.jpg

Haha. Just like Montell, this is just "How We Do It"

Originally Posted by edubs01
Just picked up the camo rivet chinos

Thanks dude!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Awesome, very cool! Just as a heads-up, some customers have experienced a lot of stretching when they soak the jeans. For a raw denim, it's pretty soft, so the long soak really relaxes it. If you do a warm wash for the next time, they'll shrink up to about normal size.

Thanks for the heads up. Out of curiosity, did they soak and wear until dry? Or were they dried and then worn?

dls6128

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but is it possible that some of the older denim was unsanforized? I picked up an old pair of Smiths a while ago that were slightly too big for me, so I tried hotsoaking/drying them yesterday. The inseam shrank from 35" to 31", and the waist went from ~31" to 28".

Sixth_Sense

Reaction score
Do you guys plan on having linen/cotton sportscoats for the spring/summer time?

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Here's our Assistant buyer Dylan in the Ashland Red & Black striped oxford shirt. We went to buy Comme Des Garcons fragrances for the Manhattan store today.

5428225757_5ea3773e40.jpg

You guys need to stop being such hipsters. I guess it's a Brooklyn thing. That hair is sweet.

Please post that GANT parka, I need it in my life!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads