• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Anyone know the last for these BB bluchers?

!CCliGhQCGk~$(KGrHqEOKkUE0TjJF!dMBNLmcSuuFg~~0_12.JPG

!CCliJ+!!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!kwE0FDWzu(eBNLmceUmNQ~~0_12.JPG

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's either the Aberdeen or Snap last. I think it is the Snap because of the way the heel is different than the standard Alden striaight tip bluchers. I read this on Ask Andy a while back.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
natural chromexcel plain toe boots today. they're starting to get some character - note the grease stain on the right boot i somehow managed to acquire. whoops.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bburk: those roys look superb. keep wearing them and keep us updated!

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bburkava
Hey guys - I've been a longtime lurker, but wanted to share some pictures of my first pair of Alden's, some Context Roy Boots.

thanks for sharing. contemplating a roy purchase, yours look great.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
That's to be expected. If only Alden used the double oiled waterlock sole instead of the regular leather sole.the crepe makeup would be perfect.
i noticed here that that the sole starts to look cruddy very quickly. is it an easy repair / upgrade job does anyone know?

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's just what the crepe sole looks like. Ugly IMO, which is why none of my Alden's are on it.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is just how the crepe soles look, but they are super comfortable and I love it on the right type of boot. I have the Roys and they are the boot that I reach for when I want something comfortable for lots of walking.

cfull

Reaction score
Just got my Epaulet Officer Indys in, thanks to mtc2000!

These are awesome. Even better looking in person and feel so much better on my mutant feet than my previous two attempts at Alden-dom.

5425092999_9350b4b0fd_z.jpg

5425095853_19e3c67dcc_b.jpg

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cfull
Just got my Epaulet Officer Indys in, thanks to mtc2000!

These are awesome. Even better looking in person and feel so much better on my mutant feet than my previous two attempts at Alden-dom.

facepalm.gif

Uh, insult to injury.

All kidding aside, wear them well. They look great.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads