• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

bluebeansoup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
make sure you measure your thighs first.

How do the thighs stretch (if at all) when it comes to the NCs? Say if a size that might be tight on my thighs?

Qudi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluebeansoup
How do the thighs stretch (if at all) when it comes to the NCs? Say if a size that might be tight on my thighs?
From what I've collected after reading hundreds of pages, APCs stretch a LOT. The tighter they are at first, the more they will stretch and more they will fade.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
I got my first pair of NC on Friday. They were very tight in the thigh when first putting them. I def would not have worn them in public. I even posted a trade ad. However, I decided to keep them and see if they would stretch. I have worn them to sleep the past few nights and they have stretched enough to be comfortable without looking too tight. The waist fit pretty well and it did not need much stretching all so I can't comment on that. I have seen some crazy pics on another forum where guys sized down too much and you could see the buttons on the fly when wearing them

triton

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether the context size measurements for new standard are accurate?

bluebeansoup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
I got my first pair of NC on Friday. They were very tight in the thigh when first putting them. I def would not have worn them in public. I even posted a trade ad. However, I decided to keep them and see if they would stretch. I have worn them to sleep the past few nights and they have stretched enough to be comfortable without looking too tight. The waist fit pretty well and it did not need much stretching all so I can't comment on that.

I have seen some crazy pics on another forum where guys sized down too much and you could see the buttons on the fly when wearing them

What's your true size and what did you get in the NCs? If you don't mind, that is.

Qudi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triton
Can anyone confirm whether the context size measurements for new standard are accurate?

According to Context, NS have a slimmer thigh than PS. So I wouldn't trust it. I've been looking for more accurate/semi-accurate measurements myself.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
What's your true size and what did you get in the NCs? If you don't mind, that is.

My measured waist at this moment is a little over 33. I vary between 32-34 depending on what I am training for or if I am training at all.

size 31 is what I have

I am not really into skinny jeans though. I wanted this pair to beat the hell out of and get some fades. Most of my other jeans are looser therefore harder to fade. Moreover, the only time I can wear jeans is in the evenings or weekends.

SLeiber32

Reaction score
Pictures of the raw black APCs look really grayish in photos. Do they look similar in real life or are they a nice deep black? If not can anyone recommend some good black denim with a cut similar to the PS and an equal or hopefully lower price?

Qudi

Reaction score
Still not sure what size PS I should get... 33-34 true waist and 22" thigh.

Conundrum

Reaction score
What will be the effect of the first soak after maybe 2-3 months of effective wear?

y2knp

Reaction score
what's the best deal now to get the APC NS black on the web? thx

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads