• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Have you looked at the EG Frome?

Yes, I saw the Frome. I didn't care for the diamond shaped pattern on the toe. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dexx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Santoni does make some really nice shoes. Im digging the Hayward.

Santoni and Quarvif (very underrated!) are my favorite brands.

wmb

Reaction score
This would be my 'one shoe' my new EG Chealsea Dark Oak

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
I agree but I can't get past the design on the toe of the Inverness (1st pic). The only EG wingtip that's not a MTO that Ive found is the Bealieu (2nd pic).

inverness003.jpg

Are you sure this is the Inverness? I could have sworn it was a G&G Mitchell if you didn't write Inverness...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Are you sure this is the Inverness? I could have sworn it was a G&G Mitchell if you didn't write Inverness...

100% sure this is EG inverness also i would guess this is the 888 last too, G&G mitchell is all micro broguing and not a hugly popular design for G&G it seams

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
100% sure this is EG inverness also i would guess this is the 888 last too, G&G mitchell is all micro broguing and not a hugly popular design for G&G it seams

Yeah, the toe on the TG73 is similar to 888. You have to admit they do look similar though:

dsc_0011.jpg

Groover

Reaction score
Yeah, the toe on the TG73 is similar to 888. You have to admit they do look similar though:

dsc_0011.jpg

They do look similar, not surprising as TG designed the 888, IIRC

Groover

Reaction score
Crazy, I did not know that.

IIRC it was on a thread on SF somewhere, might be a while back though.

Also, the 888 was the 'improved' version (TG's words on said thread) of the 808 found on RL EG shoes.

Everyday is a school day
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dsc_0011.jpg

the position of the medaillon is much better on the mitchell, imo.

coming from someone, who's not much into medaillon design.

Groover

Reaction score
The medallion on 888 last seems set further back than the same shoe on the 82: EDIT: Appears that the 82 shorter in the toe, meaning the medallion needs to be punched slightly further from the brogue line on the 888. All could all just be the angle of the photo tho...
DSC04431.jpg

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Groover
The medallion on 888 last seems set further back than the same shoe on the 82:

EDIT: Appears that the 82 shorter in the toe, meaning the medallion needs to be punched slightly further from the brogue line on the 888. All could all just be the angle of the photo tho...

DSC04431.jpg

The 82 just cuts hard right (on the left shoe) from the toe so any medallion would have to be adjusted accordingly. Search for "Malvern 82" and see.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh Arrival. LP 'Snow Dream Walk', Storm system, fully lined Beaver Boots. No more cold feet...
10f9yly.jpg
1238b4n.jpg
166agpv.jpg
156fhtz.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads