• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Super Bowl

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just heard the announcer say 'the Green Bay Packers are the world champions'. I must have missed when they invited other countries to play.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
Not quite.
Are you really from N.Y.?

I am.
smile.gif

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I just heard the announcer say 'the Green Bay Packers are the world champions'. I must have missed when they invited other countries to play.
Anyone who thinks that the team who wins the Superbowl is not the world champion is a dip ****. It's American football. Duh. I hate the sport, but at least I can acknowledge this much.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
lol8[1].gif
I was out today and someone said "you gonna watch the game tonight?" I said "what game?" (seriously, I had no idea what he was talking about). He was like "THE ******* SUPER BOWL COMMIE!" I said "oh, sorry man, Im not into sports".

He looked like he was going to throw up.
lol8[1].gif

What I would have said
lol8[1].gif

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
Anyone who thinks that the team who wins the Superbowl is not the world champion is a dip ****. It's American football. Duh. I hate the sport, but at least I can acknowledge this much.

I'd like to refer you to the link below. It may help clear up that little geography problem you seem to be having.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So why call it the world championship if only one country's teams are involved? I very much doubt the champion in caber tossing, hurling, shinty or whatever other quaint sports presumably confined largely to one country consider themselves the world champion.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not quite. Are you really from N.Y.?
No Nick, I am not. 'Little New York' was a term given to Toronto, Canada in the 1980's but what does that have to do with the super bowl?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually like the sport, but you're the moron: in order to be called WC, you have to play other nations. It's like claiming that the winner of the "World Series" is the WC when there is actually a World Cup Baseball in which nations compete.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the Pack protects Rodgers I see them winning it.
Are their uniforms elegant? Made by Rubinacci?

Once again I missed the "Super Bowl." I was too busy attending a recital celebrating the 100th birthday of Jehan Alain. One must have priorities ... and watching football on televation -- or in person -- ain't one.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman

The draft is open to foreign players

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
I actually like the sport, but you're the moron: in order to be called WC, you have to play other nations. It's like claiming that the winner of the "World Series" is the WC when there is actually a World Cup Baseball in which nations compete.

+1

The superbowl winners are the NFL champions, not the world champions. Since when did America become the whole friggin world? Even (most) Americans know the silliness of that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads