• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Tim Hamilton has become so unavailable that I don't even bother to follow the brand any more. I cannot think of a single web store in the US that consistently carries a large number of pieces from each collection. And Blackbird has not ordered anything from the label for several seasons now either. They've made it difficult and the label's just not worth the effort to hunt down.

I thought that particular leather was cool, and some of the seconds stuff was neat, but there was so little brand identity and such a dearth of standout pieces that I'm not surprised the label's getting hard to find.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I thought that particular leather was cool, and some of the seconds stuff was neat, but there was so little brand identity and such a dearth of standout pieces that I'm not surprised the label's getting hard to find.

Seven New York carries a lot of it.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Had a ridiculously good meal at osteria today with kelv and shell, I think those dorks took a pic or two of the food. Waiter was cool as ****.

RFX you missed out.

laugh.gif

Discussion shall be continued in the L.A. thread.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
The government should liquidate BR on the charge of promoting metro sexuality. All of the company's inventory would then be sent to Gaza under guise of "humanitarian aid", thus covertly undermining their miserable house.
banana_republic_ad.jpg

Isn't that the point of everyone on this board? You hate on BR, because you fear BR. Hands down, BR is dollar for dollar the best crap money can buy.
Originally Posted by zissou
BR is disposable business casual attire. Everything looks the same every year, it's poorly made, and is overpriced. That said, I do still enjoy the pima cotton underwear and tees (partly because I get them for free). That's it, though.
Zissou, not you too! BR is outstanding mall value. Come on bro, don't diss the BR. What's next on your list JC?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bullethead86
yea but i constantly use it and it moves around in the pocket a bit. i was wondering if i should just keep a broken cell phone in there that i never take out instead of a working one?
ffffuuuu.gif

coldforge

Reaction score
I've got a dress shirt from like, 'BR Black' that I wear a lot. It's pretty nice, though like most mall brand smalls, the collar only closes if I decide not to breathe.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Isn't that the point of everyone on this board? You hate on BR, because you fear BR. Hands down, BR is dollar for dollar the best crap money can buy.
I highly disagree. J Crew beats BR any day. That said, I think 95% of J Crew still isn't worth buying.
Zissou, not you too! BR is outstanding mall value. Come on bro, don't diss the BR. What's next on your list JC?
My opinion comes from once having a closet full of BR. It's not fear or anything else. Like I said, I still like a couple things from BR, including a Monogram suit, but that's it. Don't be disappointed just because I don't like it anymore.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i want to cop the black/cement jordan 3's when they're reissued

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ok so I've been away from the states for a long time but from watching the superbowl, if I want to stay relevant I should eat doritos drink bud light drink pepsi and repeat a bunch of times right?

also ahaha second td this is hilarious
Originally Posted by shibbel
Hands down, BR is dollar for dollar the best crap money can buy.

uniqlo quality is going down but I'd say uniqlo beats br in that

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usher rocking ugly ass margiela hi-tops at the halftime show.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Sick ass dance moves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads