• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
d55c32d8.jpg

Alberts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nytek
The first one I posted with the white dial is an authentic that has just been full restored, cleaned, and serviced. It's sold by a small family owned business in the UK that just restores one vintage Omega each week into the condition that you now see - obviously they do not have watches with significant wear and tear to begin with. I guess we can debate the merits of why one would buy vintage and whether the "vintage" look is important. I was attracted to the vintage Omegas because of the simple, classic desing, the signature Omega movement, and the small size (I have small wrists). With these sellers, I can get all those benefits while getting a watch that looks almost new.

The second one with the blue face actually isn't as clean and does have some marks, which that picture just masks. I figure I can do some work on my end to get it cleaner.

The third one with the gold bezel is sold by the same guys as the first one. Several SF members have bought from the same source and have been extremely happy, so I feel comfortable with that.

Can you let me know the source on the 1st and 3d watch. Looks lovely, I especially like the gold one.

bing

Reaction score
speedmaster%20(7).jpg

Speedy triple cal...

Oris in the background

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Alright guys, now that I've got a few watches in my stable, I need something nice to put them in. So, recommend me a watch box please. Criteria: -window to see inside -no winder (pointless for me) -fits at least 6 watched (hey, gotta plan for the future!) -not too expensive Any suggestions?
Too add to my request list - I'm looking for a good quality navy alligator band. My last one was Di-Modell but they seem to have gone through the roof in price. Any suggestions on that?

Neirob

Reaction score
Need your help guys. Would you sell this one? I thought I wanted it. But I have a buyer right now, and I don't know what to do.
mark_1.jpg
mark2.jpg

NOLA1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neirob
Need your help guys.

Would you sell this one? I thought I wanted it. But I have a buyer right now, and I don't know what to do.

mark_1.jpg

mark2.jpg

It's a sweet watch but I would need to know what else you've got in the stable, if you're going to replace it and with what.

Neirob

Reaction score
Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Monaco (McQueen version) and Omega Speedmaster are his fellows. Nothing else in mind (till 42mm Radiomir are on the street
biggrin.gif
). Just to make some cash to buy shoes and suits! Thanks!

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice classic collection. I would keep the Mk XV, but I'm biased.

Which 42mm Radiomir are you waiting for?

Neirob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
^ Nice classic collection. I would keep the Mk XV, but I'm biased. Which 42mm Radiomir are you waiting for?
These wonderful things... Pam 336, 337, 338. Although the one in the middle is the 378 not the 336 (just different dial color, black/brown).
00019090.jpg

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neirob
Need your help guys.

Would you sell this one? I thought I wanted it. But I have a buyer right now, and I don't know what to do.

Would you only sell it or replace it? If replace, PLEASE do not say you would then get the Mark XVI. The XV is a classic, the XVI is just fugly.

Edit: just saw your other posts. Personally, I'd sell one of the others and keep the XV. You don't have one like that, and the 3 you have are all more similar. But perhaps that's how you like it. Not a Pam fan myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads