• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Anyone taken any **** for wearing those newfangled red-soled wingtip/buck/frankenstein concoctions? Like those Grensons. Those look really nice, but all I hear when I bring them up IRL is, Ooh, maybe if you were ****. (Concerned middle-aged female variation: Ooh, but won't people think you're ****?)

Unfortunately, this has been a theme, lately, as I try to expand my sartorial horizons. Effing RACISTS!

I don't really dig on the McNairy monstrosity hybrid things, but I'm a couple degrees away from that sort of americana anyway.

People will think you're gay, but here's the deal: limited horizons are their own punishment. If you tell yourself that all music is dumb except for classic rock and prog, you never get to hear Bill Evans and Stan Getz play "Emily" or "Grandfather's Waltz", etc. etc. Go wear the stuff you think is cool, you don't get three hundred thousand bitches on ********* without having a few haters.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok so ive posted this before but i wanted to add the context in which id wear it..

heres the item's link: http://www.projectno8.com/products/t...r?category=270

heres what id wear it with:

neil barrett sweat trousers (like dress pants) + knit

heres some older waywts in which i would have liked to wear the thermal blazer:

dsc01606i.jpg

dsc01650d.jpg

basically will this blazer look good with jeans and hi tops?? lol
laugh.gif

its not too dressy right? and it is outerwear right?

id pair it with a scarf fwiw...

as one can tell by this long post, im pretty set on it. just want to get a few final opinions before i make the decision. thanks guys

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waist is pretty much true to size.
i ordered a size 30 and the exact waist measurement is 15.25'' laying flat. i ordered the slimmest cut, and as one can see in the fit its not super slim at all. there is a medium and then a huge baggy cut.
dont know if itll stretch but i dont need it to as my waist is a bit smaller than 30.

cut is cool, banana legs!! lol. both legs curl inward. this makes for some great stacking. other brands use j-legs which ive never owned but look cool as well.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snow, where'd you bought the silent jeans ?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i proxied them from forward.
just checked they have a good size run, 30 32 34
i think there is a 28 but ive never seen them.

edit: i like the high waist on them, but the yoke and pocket placement makes them look low rise...good stuff damir, good stuff..ahha

jwkicks

Reaction score
Snow, I know its been said, but those two fits you posted above look really good. Glad you found some stuff thats really working for you.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beeswax Clarks Wallabees? To wear with rolled cords and chinos and floral shirts, in the spring-time.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^yes, wallabees require swag

xM.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
i proxied them from forward.
just checked they have a good size run, 30 32 34
i think there is a 28 but ive never seen them.

edit: i like the high waist on them, but the yoke and pocket placement makes them look low rise...good stuff damir, good stuff..ahha

why'd you proxy them from a site that ships worldwide?

Tarzan

Reaction score
I don't know why but the following jacket made me smile. I can't invest in a good leather jacket at the moment so I was thinking if this would be a fun alternative. Any info about Diesel sizing? I am 6' 3", chest about 40, with a long torso and since I will have to wear this zipped I am worried if it will be long enough.

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/DIESEL...O/sts/sr_men80

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Hideous colour, polyester blend, extremely awkward pocket placement, vestigial ticket pocket, tacky belt... what's not to love?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwkicks
Snow, I know its been said, but those two fits you posted above look really good. Glad you found some stuff thats really working for you.
thanks bud, appreciate it. hopefully i can build on this with some outerwear..

Originally Posted by xM.
why'd you proxy them from a site that ships worldwide?

i dont think they accept paypal
frown.gif

that and customs fees..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads