• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Super Bowl XLV

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your poll is missing an option ...
who the **** cares

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
your poll is missing an option ...
who the **** cares

+1

I don't know who's playing, and only due to this poll do I know it's today.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super Bowl is an intimidating arena.

I expect the Steelers to go up early, lead at halftime, and then the Packers will try to stage a comeback as the Steelers run the ball more than they should. And Pittsburgh scores late to win.

Nate Silver wrote an interesting piece for his NYT blog noting that 60% of these games are decided by 7 points or more.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
this is probably the least interested ive been in a superbowl since giants/pats, which turned out to be a great game. i hope the packers win but am mostly apathetic.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's a toss-up. What's the line, anyway?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
this is probably the least interested ive been in a superbowl since giants/pats, which turned out to be a great game. i hope the packers win but am mostly apathetic.

What the hell is wrong with you? This has all the makings of a very good game. And how could you not have been interested in the Pat's chance at perfection? I know Indy fans are a naval gazing lot but come on.

I really don't have a favorite in this. Both teams seem pretty much evenly matched on paper. I'll take the Pack as that's who I want to win. Can't have the Steelers pulling any further away in the all time title picture.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
What the hell is wrong with you? This has all the makings of a very good game. And how could you not have been interested in the Pat's chance at perfection? I know Indy fans are a naval gazing lot but come on.

I really don't have a favorite in this. Both teams seem pretty much evenly matched on paper. I'll take the Pack as that's who I want to win. Can't have the Steelers pulling any further away in the all time title picture.

saying i'm uninterested =! saying i think it will be a bad game

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Black Eyed Peas.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I think it's a toss-up. What's the line, anyway?

Packers are favored by about 3. I have a c-note on Pittsburgh though.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright, here we go! The pre-game show is over
blush.gif
Which means.... ONLY ONE MORE HOUR (or so) OF PRE GAME SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bounce2.gif

And once that's over...the game may just start in the next 15 minues.

ts so close I can taste it.

jessis

Reaction score
Not necessarily what I want but I feel the Steelers will walk away with it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I voted for GB because they played The Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother when Sam Shepperd was talking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads