• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to wear head to toe Banana Republic. Look at me know.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
boro baba why every 12 months or so this same mundane discussion resurfaces, someone finds old jet posts/fits and goes nuts ... rarely do i become critical of behavior but this is a repulsive pattern here.
Last time I bought anything from BR was maybe around 2001 ish when I switched from abercrombie (gasp!) Uh oh now my nut swinging friend is going spending his lonely nights digging up some posts about I used to wear abercrombie at UCLA lulz. I had it all because I got **** for dirt cheap through my brother, cashmeres, coats, pants, shoes you name it as shocking as that sounds. Ever since I started buying it in 97 I always wondered why it fit like garbage and sweaters pilled, shirts fit like dresses, etc. but I didn't really understand the problem I thought that's just how clothes fit. I moved on from there to my gucci/dolce/armani phase from there around 02 which was for going out and my day uniform consisted of 3 pairs of banana khakis, white tees, and af1s that I wore into the ground. I even had a monarchy shirt when they first came out that my girl bought me. First margiela purchase came in 06 after seeing and reading about him before but not getting it until then. So in other words, I have first hand experience when I say it is pure garbage
after 14+ years of buying clothes ranging from garbage mall brands to exotic raiments of which a single one was hand-made in Atlantis, it's safe to say that the bolded portion is not an exaggeration. so he's cranky in the mornings before his tea and makes fun of a shopping spree a bunch embarked on after finding a 30% off coupon--which is really the reason everyone bought them and in only the most ubiquitous colors at that. if your goal on here is jet's approval then [1] where is your sense of individuality [2] get something a bit more exclusive (like from my b&s thread
spam[1].gif
) [3] please drop it if you're made fun of because you're not the first nor the last and it's not the end of the world--why do you even care?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is stalking jet the new cool thing for noobs to do? its ******* creepy. glad no one stalks me

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Ok, so I bought an Abercrombie flannel on steep discount. Why isn't important. It turns out to fit really, really well straight out of the box. I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Now I'm trying to take off the stupid moose thing with a seam ripper, and that moose is seriously entrenched. All I've succeeded in doing thus far is making it fuzzier. Now I guess it kinda looks like something out of Princess Mononoke.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes to clothes, implying that someone is tied to an opinion they had in the past is ******* marsupialed. With that said, I think Trickers are ******* ugly, and I will not be joining the heard. Unless I change my mind later on this week,

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lmao just watching some kottonmouth kings videos on youtube. takes me back

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Naf Nasitra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I used to wear head to toe Banana Republic. Look at me know.

Yes. You dress very differently now then you used to, but you're not going out of your way to insult and castigate everyone who mentions BR (or J. Crew, or Tricker's, or any kind of workwear, etc.) in one of their posts.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Ok, so I bought an Abercrombie flannel on steep discount. Why isn't important. It turns out to fit really, really well straight out of the box. I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Now I'm trying to take off the stupid moose thing with a seam ripper, and that moose is seriously entrenched. All I've succeeded in doing thus far is making it fuzzier. Now I guess it kinda looks like something out of Princess Mononoke.

why is everyone so obsessed with removing this

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the moose. If you ignore marketing and hype you can ignore negative brand associations.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
why is everyone so obsessed with removing this

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Don't worry about the moose. If you ignore marketing and hype you can ignore negative brand associations.

It grew to symbolize everything I hated in high school.

Also, the only things I wear with conspicuous branding are a) concert t-shirts from indie rock bands and b) the vintage Schlitz jacket my father used to wear when he was delivering beer in the 70s.

On the plus side, it's pretty damn fuzzy at this point. I think I could live with it in this condition.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may dress like an ass by sf standards, but shiiiit I just had like 5 girls comment on my fit in the span on 5 minutes.

then I park my car, then I **** your *****, eat that wonton soup, wet like wonton soup...swaggg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads