• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Pangolin

Reaction score
The 006/008 is probably my favorite PBJ denim, but that's because I don't like slub. It fades well, but takes its sweet time to do so. Great summer jeans, but I would say the faded example is uncharacteristic: the denim is so soft that it never creased that much on my 006.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
yeah man, your not measuring them the same way.
Yes I am. I've done it a number of times on numerous pairs of jeans. The instructions are simple and easy to follow. I'm not a moron. The measurements I posted are correct to the pair I have.
my original issue was the fact that you claimed big hemmed your jeans w/o telling you they would shrink.
I made no such claim. I'm quite aware they would shrink. That's why I didn't soak them in HOT water... I figured cold water would have less shrinkage. Maybe I shouldn't have soaked them at all? But as you say, getting raw jeans and never washing them/soaking them isn't the best plan. I have ZERO issue with the fact that they are hemmed. I'm buying a NEW pair anyway! What does it matter at this point?
here, just go into big and try on the different cuts. you dont seem to want to listen to the advice of people who know pbj so just do what you want and do whatever works for you.
I can't go back to BIG. I don't live in NYC. I was just there for the holidays. Ok, what "advice." should I listen to? Go ahead, tell me. I came in here to ask two simple questions: what size should I buy and should they be raw or o/w? I guess I'll let you all know how it turns out.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by tropics
to be fair i don't think he did claim that.
Thank you! I'm glad someone's paying attention.

yamete

Reaction score
yup, i had a pair but i only keep them around 3 months (i sold after i finished undergraduate school and lost weight). they are a little lighter than any other pbj cut so they are a great summer jean. personally, i think the denim has amazing fading characteristics but there not very popular on the forums. here are some pics of the 006/008 taken from the pbj website.

IMG_1935-480x360.jpg

IMG_1940-480x360.jpg

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/

ha, that's a sick pair, is BIG the only place to get em now? i remember last time i checked pbj site already took em down

Originally Posted by octopandda
The 006/008 is probably my favorite PBJ denim, but that's because I don't like slub. It fades well, but takes its sweet time to do so. Great summer jeans, but I would say the faded example is uncharacteristic: the denim is so soft that it never creased that much on my 006.

would love to see a pic.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamete
ha, that's a sick pair, is BIG the only place to get em now? i remember last time i checked pbj site already took em down.

i think they currently have a fair amount of sizes in stock.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Ok, I've confirmed with BIG. The pair I have is 100%, most definitely a 34 RAW.

So, what now?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Ok, I've confirmed with BIG. The pair I have is 100%, most definitely a 34 RAW. So, what now?
i would go to big and try on a 33, 34 and 36 all in the o/w version. you want to buy the one you can get on but is tight in the waist to account for stretch.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
i would go to big and try on a 33, 34 and 36 all in the o/w version. you want to buy the one you can get on but is tight in the waist to account for stretch.
Did that already. 33 o/w too small. 34 o/w too small. 36 o/w is good. They fit just like a 34 raw. BIG got back to me. Their recommendation is to either go with an XX-009 in 36 o/w, XX-010 in 34 raw (and cold soak them like I did with my current pair), or the XX-010 in 36 and hot-soak them to fit. I think my best options are either the XX-009 in 36 o/w or the XX-010 in 36 raw and hot-soak 'em. Or I could go with another pair of the 007's in a 36 o/w this time. If the 10's came in 36 o/w, that'd be sweet. I'd go with those.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Did that already. 33 o/w too small. 34 o/w too small. 36 o/w is good. They fit just like a 34 raw. BIG got back to me. Their recommendation is to either go with an XX-009 in 36 o/w, XX-010 in 34 raw (and cold soak them like I did with my current pair), or the XX-010 in 36 and hot-soak them to fit. I think my best options are either the XX-009 in 36 o/w or the XX-010 in 36 raw and hot-soak 'em. If the 10's came in 36 o/w, that'd be sweet.
then why are you still asking what you should do? do you need reinforcement?

FourT6and2

Reaction score
then why are you still asking what you should do? do you need reinforcement?
let us know what you get...
plain.gif
Oh, man. I'm not going to even bother at this point. I don't know what your game is. But you obviously have some serious issues to deal with if you can't keep up with what you, yourself, actually say. Let alone the fact that you berate me, call me a lyer and imply that I'm some stupid noob who didn't know what pair of jeans I bought–claiming I bought a pair of o/w, thinking they were raw. When in reality you were wrong the entire time. You turned this into a freakin' sideshow instead of being helpful and giving me some real advice other than "go buy some other brand of jeans." Maybe you want to keep PBJ exclusive or something. I don't know. But, whatever (there's some irony). Peace out.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
plain.gif
Oh, man. I'm not going to even bother at this point. I don't know what your game is. But you obviously have some serious issues to deal with if you can't keep up with what you, yourself, actually say. Let alone the fact that you berate me, call me a lyer and imply that I'm some stupid noob who didn't know what pair of jeans I bought–claiming I bought a pair of o/w, thinking they were raw. When in reality you were wrong the entire time. You turned this into a freakin' sideshow instead of being helpful and giving me some real advice other than "go buy some other brand of jeans." Maybe you want to keep PBJ exclusive or something. I don't know. But, whatever (there's some irony). Peace out.

okay, bye!

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did that already. 33 o/w too small. 34 o/w too small. 36 o/w is good. They fit just like a 34 raw. BIG got back to me. Their recommendation is to either go with an XX-009 in 36 o/w, XX-010 in 34 raw (and cold soak them like I did with my current pair), or the XX-010 in 36 and hot-soak them to fit. I think my best options are either the XX-009 in 36 o/w or the XX-010 in 36 raw and hot-soak 'em. Or I could go with another pair of the 007's in a 36 o/w this time. If the 10's came in 36 o/w, that'd be sweet. I'd go with those.
If the 10's in a one-wash size 36 are what you want, why not get them raw in size 36 and hot soak them a couple of times? Dimensions should come out the same as a one-wash if you do that.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not to berate or anything... i'm here to share. but i think FourT6and2 maybe be grappling with the concept of denim "flux" [ie, shrink & stretch fabric movement between wash & wear]. to break it down for FT6, if W34s are too small, then fine. size up to 36, plain & simple.

W36 RAW or O/W will end up with same measurements down the line cuz they were cut from the same size pattern [to begin with]. kids get the RAW version so that they can control shrinkage when they size down from their normal size. usually, when you get O/W version you get the tighest you can get into, cuz they will eventually stretch out.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
plain.gif

any of you people seen the new pbj sweats in person? these look great! http://www.purebluejapan.jp/pages/whats-new

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^see what i mean, afc45
smile.gif

Originally Posted by afc345
Thinking about taperin the legs of my 007s; anyone done this?
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
most ppl i know that tapered their 005/007 eventually sold em. these are really expensive jeans. imo, try to get the cut that you want right off the bat. customization/alteration sometimes lead to dissatisfaction & anxiety.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads