• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamete
thoguht id share my fit pics of 007, sry abt the bad lighting.
1fagr9.jpg

****, i missed this ... really nice fit. this is almost as good as el argentino's. bitches have some amazing 007 fits
smile.gif

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
just measure the ones you have. if they are indeed raw they would be huge. they would at least measure 37" in the waist. and if you dont think a 34 would fit you then go a size up. you dont seem to get that the jeans will stretch out. IIIrd was nice enough to take pics of his fit and that is how they should fit +/-. i am 5'11" 180-185lbs and there is no way i could wear a 34 raw in those ... they are simply to big. i need a 33 in 007s. your about my size as well, right? it just doesnt make sense but you are certainly free to buy whatever size you want.
No, I am not your size. I said in my first post that I'm 6' 2". I wouldn't even be able to get a size 33 past my lower thighs!
wink.gif
I'm an athlete and I have muscle. I can't wear super skinny jeans.
biggrin.gif
I contacted BIG. Just waiting to hear back.
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I actually believe you that you bought raws. I've done a lot of cold soaks on raw unsanforized denim in the past, and I never get significant shrinkage on cold soaks either. BiG has told me to expect up to an inch of shrinkage in the waist and inseam on cold soaks with unsanforized raw denim, but it's always been a fraction of that for me at most in the past. That's why I don't do cold soaks anymore unless the jeans are already really tight raw. If it says what you bought on your receipt, you could post that part of it up and settle the debate once and for all.
Well, according to our resident expert they can't be raw since minimal shrinking in cold water defies all laws of physics and conflicts with religious doctrine as well.
wink.gif
And unfortunately I don't have the receipt anymore.
Plus, it makes sense to me that you did not fit into the 34 one-wash at all and were able to get these on, so these must be raw, I would think.
Exactly.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
No, I am not your size. I said in my first post that I'm 6' 2". I wouldn't even be able to get a size 33 past my lower thighs!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

but your first post says your 6'2" 190 lbs ... im 5'11" 180-185lbs. i think im bigger than you ... although im not an athlete nor do i have muscles. i wish i could be like you.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
i bowl sometimes. i wish i was an athlete and had muscles.
biggrin.gif
Here are the measurements of my 34's. Raw or One-Wash? You tell me. Cold-soaked for one hour: Waist: 36" Front rise: 10.25" Back rise: 14" Upper thigh: 11" Knee: 8.75" Leg opening: 9" Inseam: 33.75" Actually, from the measurements it looks like they did shrink. I just didn't notice it much. So, it appears my 34's are raw. I guess the plan would be to get a 36 and shrink them to fit, get a 36 one-wash, or go with the 009's in 34 raw and cold-soak them like I did to my current pair. My problem is that my tagged size is actually a 35 or so. Do I go a size up and shrink 'em or go a size down in a looser fit and cold-soak 'em?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
Here are the measurements of my 34's. Raw or One-Wash? You tell me. Cold-soaked for one hour: Waist: 36" Front rise: 10.25" Back rise: 14" Upper thigh: 11" Knee: 8.75" Leg opening: 9" Inseam: 33.75" Actually, from the measurements it looks like they did shrink. I just didn't notice it much. So, it appears my 34's are raw. I guess the plan would be to get either a 36 and shrink them to fit or get a 36 one-wash.

it makes more sense that they would be o/w. did they stretch at all? your upper-thigh measurement is way off so measure them this way: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41

FourT6and2

Reaction score
it makes more sense that they would be o/w. did they stretch at all? your upper-thigh measurement is way off so measure them this way: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41
I did measure them that way. Looking at all the sizing charts for the different models on BIG site, the numbers on my pair just seem weird. I'll give you that. Not sure what's up.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

yeah du this one time when I was like 7 I played a game of soccer and now I can't even wear slim jeans, I have to size up on my 501s.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did measure them that way. Looking at all the sizing charts for the different models on BIG site, the numbers on my pair just seem weird. I'll give you that. Not sure what's up.
yeah man, your not measuring them the same way. my original issue was the fact that you claimed big hemmed your jeans w/o telling you they would shrink. i know for a fact this would never happen. as such, you either bought a o/w or you told them you were not going to wash a raw pair. there are to many inconsistencies in your story, for example, you first say they didnt shrink but then you say they did but you didnt notice. well, which is it? actually n/m ... it doesnt matter at this point. here, just go into big and try on the different cuts. you dont seem to want to listen to the advice of people who know pbj so just do what you want and do whatever works for you. just know the o/w version will not shrink and the raw version will. imo, it is not wise to buy a raw jean and plan to not wash them but thats just me. pbj's tend to stretch a lot so plan on at least 1-2" in the waist ... i know you might not get this but they do in fact stretch. let us know what you get and post pics! good luck.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my original issue was the fact that you claimed big hemmed your jeans w/o telling you they would shrink.

to be fair i don't think he did claim that.
i posed it as a question, i was just curious. would have kept my mouth shut if i knew the **** storm it would start!
lol8[1].gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(oh, and props to IIIrd for his 007's. Those things have a way cool vintage fade going on. Always a fan of your denimz, man.)

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biggrin.gif

Here are the measurements of my 34's. Raw or One-Wash? You tell me.

Cold-soaked for one hour:

Waist: 36"
Front rise: 10.25"
Back rise: 14"
Upper thigh: 11"
Knee: 8.75"
Leg opening: 9"
Inseam: 33.75"

Actually, from the measurements it looks like they did shrink. I just didn't notice it much. So, it appears my 34's are raw. I guess the plan would be to get a 36 and shrink them to fit, get a 36 one-wash, or go with the 009's in 34 raw and cold-soak them like I did to my current pair.

My problem is that my tagged size is actually a 35 or so. Do I go a size up and shrink 'em or go a size down in a looser fit and cold-soak 'em?

There is something odd about your measurements. That upper thigh seems too narrow, either for raw or for one-wash. The rest of the measurements are closer to the one-wash than the raw, other than the actual waist measurement.

Anyway, to answer your question, it sounds like it is better to go a size up from where you are now and shrink the jeans rather than going down and cold soaking. Easier to stretch the jeans back out sizing up, plus it puts less tension on the stitching.

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
OK. So who's getting these new 24 oz. PBJ models coming in the next month or so? I've heard that there will be a regular indigo model, a deep indigo model, and a purple face model. Cuts will be based on XX-005 and XX-011, rumor has it that the XX-005 cuts will only be available in smaller sizes and the XX-011 cuts will only be available in larger sizes.

Does anyone have details on these? When? How much?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
Does anyone have details on these? When? How much?

They're supposed to touch down in the next month or two, and price should be around the $375 level, from what I've been told. Other than that, all the other details that I know are in the post you quoted.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamete
has anyone had any exp regarding 008? i might snag a pair be4 they r sold out..
yup, i had a pair but i only keep them around 3 months (i sold after i finished undergraduate school and lost weight). they are a little lighter than any other pbj cut so they are a great summer jean. personally, i think the denim has amazing fading characteristics but there not very popular on the forums. here are some pics of the 006/008 taken from the pbj website.
IMG_1935-480x360.jpg
IMG_1940-480x360.jpg
http://www.purebluejapan.jp/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads