• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Internet nerds like you are the reason shops hate people on the forums.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
No, I'm not, but thanks for asking Jet. I'm not out to help them, I don't owe them anything, just show that they provide good service which I was pleased with. They are the ones putting out all sorts of different coupons at all different times, amounts, types of use, etc. If they don't want to honor such requests they don't have to, I merely made a polite inquiry as to if the better coupon could be applied retroactively, I was very nice about it and they could have said no with no hard feelings on my part. But they didn't, they honored a better coupon that they had recently released and did so very pleasantly. I thought that was great service. If their are other people who bought these with a 20% coupon or something and wanted to save some extra money then I felt they might like to know the same. I'm not trying to help STP, nor am I really trying to help people here get a better deal...just reporting on my experience with them. I don't owe them or anyone here anything else. They didn't ask me to keep it a secret, I don't see how this is any different then people sharing the 30% off codes they get in emails from STP.

That all being said, this is an aside that this thread does not need so I will say no more on the topic.

dont sweat his comments. its only jet after all.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

forums like SF will only make consumers more informed and train consumers to be price sensitive. Don't know why Jet is in denial like that.

Originally Posted by whatever123
dont sweat his comments. its only jet after all.

Nopike343

Reaction score
If it wasn't for this forum STP would probably not be selling those Tricker's nearly as quickly. If someone gets an extra 5% -10% off due to this forum I don't believe they will mind.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a good thing the 35% code didn't work for. It would have swayed me to forget the VAT on arrival.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
Zissou, I was just looking at the old Trickers thread and I saw a pair of coffee captoe brogue boots that LeatherSoul posted"”they caught my eye then and they caught my eye just now. I think the coffee will wear really nicely.
Now that I've gotten over the disappointment of them not being espresso, I think the color actually looks nice. It looks great with khakis, and dark enough to go well with darker jeans.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Now that I've gotten over the disappointment of them not being espresso, I think the color actually looks nice. It looks great with khakis, and dark enough to go well with darker jeans.

It's an easy job darkening leather boots - very difficult to lighten them.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou

All the pics I've seen posted so far look awesome, seems a great dark brown color.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Probably a good thing the 35% code didn't work for. It would have swayed me to forget the VAT on arrival.

Looks like my 35% was good only once.

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renton
I've been meaning to order a pair of Stow boots, but I've been hesitant about the sizing. With that sort of discount and the generous return policy, I figured there was no better time to try out a few different sizes.

Ordered Espresso in 10.5, 11.5, and 11...I really hope a pair fits.

Late to the party and I missed out. Renton, pls PM me before you return any of these.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
used my 35% on the henleys, was in need of a pair of black captoes

Haha, me too. I was going to resist after ordering two pairs of boots which haven't even arrived but I'm weak.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads