• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE Strands $265 Good Deal?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E wants $234.00 for the seconds of Strands in Walnut size 11 prior to shipping and tax.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DStew
Why 20% on feb 10th? Is that just an upcoming sale?

per SA Adam, yes upcoming sale...

Originally Posted by dieselman89
AE wants $234.00 for the seconds of Strands in Walnut size 11 prior to shipping and tax.

if you can't wait, then take the plunge...or wait in B&S or e-bay for any used or NIB sale with your size...my size of 7 or 6.5 D (dpends on last) is hard to come by...If I see something I'm comfortable with price wise (and ROI), then I buy...if it looks good on you and ptoper fit, then buy it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank Outlet
At The Factory
201 East Seven Hills Road
Port Washington, Wisconsin 53074
USA

Phone: 262-284-7158

adding the Brookfield location...

18900 W Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, WI - (262) 785-6666

DStew

Reaction score
AE wants $234.00 for the seconds of Strands in Walnut size 11 prior to shipping and tax.
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)
per SA Adam, yes upcoming sale...
biggrin.gif

Im trying to buy the exact same thing (walnut strand in 10E). Looks like you are best off right now just waiting till the next sale - potentially feb 10th? I have no problem paying for them new at 20% off 295 = 236$. If you pick them up somewhere cheaper than that let me know if you get a chance diesel.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DStew
Im trying to buy the exact same thing (walnut strand in 10E). Looks like you are best off right now just waiting till the next sale - potentially feb 10th?

I have no problem paying for them new at 20% off 295 = 236$.

If you pick them up somewhere cheaper than that let me know if you get a chance diesel.

I just called Nordstrom's pricematch 1 (888) 282-6060, and had them match from Benniesshoes.com and they agreed HOWEVER, they did 100% pricematch and would not do 110% pricematch. The SA said it would take 8-12 business days for them to arrive AKA 2.5-3 weeks, which is not worth it because I can just go to Bennies and get them. I am going to speak to my guy at Nordstroms and see what he can do. If not I will probably wait until Feb 10th for the speculated sale.

steinwaytony

Reaction score
These folks have a few sizes for $232 + shipping. Go through bigcrumbs.com or mrrebates.com to get your shipping back. No indications that they're factory seconds, and you only get stock photos, but seller's numbers are legit.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steinwaytony
These folks have a few sizes for $232 + shipping. Go through bigcrumbs.com or mrrebates.com to get your shipping back. No indications that they're factory seconds, and you only get stock photos, but seller's numbers are legit.

Thanks. I think I will wait until Feb. 10th and possibly buy them from AE directly and see how much the shoes are going for. And if they are lower than the $265-$10 coupon, I can bargain w/my local guy to price match AE website if thats the case.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just informed that if I wait until Feb. 10th and purchase seconds they will be $187.20, not sure if that included tax and shipping. Keep y'all updated.

p.s. the sale appears to be for 20%

DStew

Reaction score
Was just informed that if I wait until Feb. 10th and purchase seconds they will be $187.20, not sure if that included tax and shipping. Keep y'all updated.

p.s. the sale appears to be for 20%

Hmmm. So 187 for seconds or 236 for New? Not sure which way to go.

I have an AE store pretty close to my office so it is nice to just stop in and make sure I get the size right and just order from them. But ~50$ is a large difference and Im not the kind of person that will probably notice any small defects on a pair of seconds.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Up until recently walnut Strands in 11 weere easily available on eBay for like USD200. Suddenly there are none and the place is awash with Conistons...
eh.gif

soxpats

Reaction score
Seriously, if you want the shoes why not just buy them and enjoy them.

DStew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats

That is the plan. Just thought Id be the first person ever on SF to try to find the best price for something.

Thanks for the input.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=127607

I got these at the rack for $149.

Those are sexy! I saw those in the catalog. I am going to see if the rack has em.

Originally Posted by soxpats

Because I just can't drop $200+ on a pair of shoes. I need to try to determine if there is a better price. My concern with the 2nds is that I wont be able to see them prior to purchasing them so that makes me a little skeptical. I've heard SFers say they cant tell a difference b/t seconds and new ones but you never know... has anyone ever had a bad experience w/seconds?

I am most likely going to wait until the AE official sale and ask my local store to pricematch and then use my coupon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads