• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Partenopea fit?

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Caruso can be pretty great value too. I have a couple of each and i prefer Caruso to SP due to the price points and the how close they are to each other in terms of quality. Just my opinion though.

Whats the pricerange on both brands in the states?

iand

Reaction score
I have a 38R drop 8 Partenopea sportcoat and it is not very slim. Still, one of my favourites.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
Whats the pricerange on both brands in the states?
Not sure but you can get those from the recommended guy from 600-1000. Listed price are 1500 euros on Europe while Kiton is +4500 .

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ SP is only 1500 euros in Europe ?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Recently bought an SP sportcoat from the eBay guy. Great looking coat, and very happy with my purchase and with the seller. He had listed it for $799, but I negotiated down to $600 or so. I suspect he won't go much lower than that, nor did I want to press him.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ SP is only 1500 euros in Europe ?

" only" ?

While the average salary on Italy is 700 euros and 1000 in Spain?

You're too rich Aj Del , an oligarch from India?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My partenopea came with a great pleated trouser that now I prefer to flat front as for a stick looking guy as me , do fill better my silhouette.

Where as this;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
" only" ? While the average salary on Italy is 700 euros and 1000 in Spain? You're too rich Aj Del , an oligarch from India?
I thought it would be around 2500-3000 euros. Not up there with Borrelli Attolini but higher than Caruso, Corneliani etc. Average salary is 700 euros a month in Italy ? Seriously ?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be around 2500-3000 euros. Not up there with Borrelli Attolini but higher than Caruso, Corneliani etc. Average salary is 700 euros a month in Italy ? Seriously ?
Corneliani is cheaper - 800 to 1300 depending the fabric same as Canali and Zileri. Yes, seriously. I mean from Rome to below, that is the " real" Italy . In Spain, ask the 6 million unemployed that we have actually. 25% of people and around 50% of younger than 30 that get 0 euros a month.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Not sure but you can get those from the recommended guy from 600-1000.

Listed price are 1500 euros on Europe while Kiton is +4500 .

There are grades of SP, not all are the same. The level of handwork raises the prices on the pieces.

Mike

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Average salary is 700 euros a month in Italy ? Seriously ?

Average Italian salary in 2009 not including benefits was over 18K for the year. 700 would be some kid .

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jdldore
I have one that I bought about a year ago. It is quite a slim fit, especially in the shoulders and across the chest. I ended up going a size up on my suit and having it taken in. That route didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

I tried one in my usual size. Very tight across the shoulders and chest.
I decided to pass. Overall, other brands fit me better from the outset.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Average Italian salary in 2009 not including benefits was over 18K for the year. 700 would be some kid .

18K? No, the average yearly salary in Italy is 22.500 Euro ($30,500).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads