• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

PBristolJr

Reaction score
Recommend a tie clip?
Never worn one, but silver seems popular and classy.

Blamm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PBristolJr
Recommend a tie clip?
Never worn one, but silver seems popular and classy.

Check eBay and antique shops / consignment shops - you'll find something with character

Grigory

Reaction score
In Russia everyone goes for half-windsor. I feel like I'm the only one who prefers four-in-hand.

Originally Posted by PBristolJr
That's what I've been doing, but it seems the older crowd prefers the half windsor for some reason.

retozimmermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grigory
Anyone heard of shoe brand Natascia? Their shoes are currently on Yoox - $80-100 for shoes with leather soles. Any thoughts about quality?
I haven't heard of them but at that price-level the quality cannot be top-notch. Most likely the leather is not very high-quality, which you can see if you see the shoes in real life. Additionally, they are probably glued and not welted because in addition to cheaper materials you need quicker and thus cheaper production methods. That of course also goes for attention to detail, which you cannot expect too much of. I'm not saying they are inherently bad shoes, but you just have to know that there are limits to quality once you get to that kind of price-level for leather shoes. It all depends what you expect from the shoes you buy in terms of quality, longevity, classic style etc.

Doctor

Reaction score
Can a young (22yr old) guy pull this off?

057-5.jpg

I have really good things to match with it. Orange/deep brown speckled "burnt" tweed trousers, burgundy Tom Ford tie and bold blue stripe shirt.

Or maybe it's just vile and I should stop. Opinions welcome.

noxlord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor

I have really good things to match with it. Orange/deep brown speckled "burnt" tweed trousers, burgundy Tom Ford tie and bold blue stripe shirt.

My uneducated guess is: If the fit is ok, nice and tight and you are outside the city, it may be ok. maybe.

Archivist

Reaction score

057-5.jpg

I like it. You could pull it off if it fits well and you aren't self conscious about it. Not for work though. Weekends.

Blamm

Reaction score
Doctor;4093188 said:

- I'd make sure I have a perfectly fitting blue blazer and some type of gray SC before I would consider this
- big lapels, funky patch pockets, and a suede shoulder - only if you've got the basics already
- I like it - but think I'd like it best on a 50+ year old man who lives on an estate in the English countryside
- having said that - if it fits very well and it fits your personality - go for it
- if I saw a 22 year old wearing this naturally/elegantly - I'd know he was self-confident and had balls

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should one have the bottom button of a cardigan undone like with a vest? Is this a "rule?"

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can a young (22yr old) guy pull this off? I have really good things to match with it. Orange/deep brown speckled "burnt" tweed trousers, burgundy Tom Ford tie and bold blue stripe shirt. Or maybe it's just vile and I should stop. Opinions welcome.
Wear it with a natural confidence and a bravado that is fitting of the coat. You will be fine. Fit pics are welcome. As with the times though, I think this would look best on a man broad of shoulder or girth, given the lapels. I know this is debatable though.

PBristolJr

Reaction score
I'm 18 and don't have much money, but over the past few weeks I've changed my wardrobe quite a bit.
Bought a pair of walnut AE Strands (along with shoe trees),
Inexpensive Navy Blazer,
Few shirts,
Few chino's,
And a decent watch.

Is a grey SC next in my collection? I have a decent pair of black shoes as well to rotate with the AE's..

rtb178

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone know where I can find a good-quality lavender OCBD? BB doesn't seem to have one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads