• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
111989_o.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Will they get to 55 wins?

I'm honestly really surprised the Spurs beat the Lakers at home.

I couldn't see the game but looked pretty tight all the way through.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe maybe not. it was tight all the way. lakers played pretty good defense throughout, really good defense in the fourth. but gave up 4 shots at the basket in the last 20 seconds. not going to beat san francisco that way. kobe had a really bad shooting night but missed a trip-dub by one rebound. gasol and artest really showed up. for the bad guys, it was mostly jefferson in the first and parker in the third.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just watched just the 4th quarter and Kobe's shot was (barely) not falling, but he made a few really good plays in the last couple of minutes. Clutch as he could be.
smile.gif

Holy hell this has to be the longest alley-oop ever. Top of the OPPOSITE key!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Originally Posted by RFX45
Really now, if Denver offered Melo for Bynum and Artest, I'd take that trade.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

FozzyBadfeet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
I just watched just the 4th quarter and Kobe's shot was (barely) not falling, but he made a few really good plays in the last couple of minutes. Clutch as he could be.
smile.gif
Holy hell this has to be the longest alley-oop ever. Top of the OPPOSITE key!!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

I agree, great play. Now only if the W's can pull of a trade to get Igoudala and get rid of Biedrins...

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ellis was robbed. Should be an all star. The Dubs have a long history of being screwed come all star time.
A few years ago it was Marrow not making the 3 point shoot out despite having the best % in the league. This year it is a Dorell Wright not making it despite having the most 3's made.
Ellis balls like crazy and has been for the last few years. He deserves a spot.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's because they are rarely a winning team, it's almost like a race to the worst seed for them.
If the Clippers hasn't been winning lately and the ASG isn't in LA, chances are Griffin might not be there at all.
This might be the same reason Love might get snubbed.

I mean look at the Eastern reserves, 4 Celtics and 2 Hawks and 1 Heat (not to mention 3 Heat players total in th ASG).

Walking Man

Reaction score
Did anyone just see the Clipper game? I can't remember the last time I was this heated after a game. The refs were terrible in the last minute. How do they determine a jump ball after using only two camera angles to determine who the ball went out on? And then after saying jump ball why do they not let anyone jump instead of the two players involved? And then to end the game they call a flagrant foul!!! Wow, this game was just ridiculous. If I had a way to get a hold of David Stern I would have to ask him about the ending, it was just that stupid. Ok, I'm done now. Sorry for the venting.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Yeah it was dumb officiating.

But that spill Horford took was nasty. It made MY back hurt.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of poor officiating, the Suns lost due to piss poor call at the end. Foul on Nash? After Durant traveled? Called by official on other sideline? Official 2 feet from players didn't call it? B.S.

Officials need to be held responsible. Some sort of demerit system. Or Annual Reviews submitted by Execs or something. Ridiculous.

I miss the NBA days of the 90s when it was aired on NBC and when players could play.

Walking Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
Yeah it was dumb officiating.

But that spill Horford took was nasty. It made MY back hurt.

He's gonna be feeling that for a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the next game. Blake fell pretty hard too falling directly on his side with his ribs exposed. It was painful all the way around.

Originally Posted by Imhoff
Speaking of poor officiating, the Suns lost due to piss poor call at the end. Foul on Nash? After Durant traveled? Called by official on other sideline? Official 2 feet from players didn't call it? B.S.

Officials need to be held responsible. Some sort of demerit system. Or Annual Reviews submitted by Execs or something. Ridiculous.

I miss the NBA days of the 90s when it was aired on NBC and when players could play.

I saw the replay and I was baffled by that call too but I don't think it was as bad as the Clipper game though. In the Clipper game they called a flagrant foul on the last play because Blake basically tried to prevent Horford for having a lay up by jumping with both his arms in the air. Just cause he falls hard does not equate to a flagrant foul being called. And that was on top of two previous errors the officials made.

What I have noticed is there are a lot of new refs with little to no experience so that makes for a lot of sketchy officiating. And I miss the 90's NBA more than anyone. Oh the days of actual hard fought basketball without flopping. If anyone wants to make a 90's NBA appreciation thread I'm all for it.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ So true.

Plus I can't stand the fact that the refs are calling more T's than ever this season and the leaugue is then rescinding more T's than ever this season.

WTF?

"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
^ So true.

Plus I can't stand the fact that the refs are calling more T's than ever this season and the leaugue is then rescinding more T's than ever this season.

WTF?

"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

in the 90's it was easy to identify the "floppers" because well, not to be racist, but it was the euro guys who brought it into the league (Divac, Petrovik [used flopping expertly and was simultaneously tough]), and the US born/trained "floppers" were basically black balled by the officials.

Karl malone perfected the "fall at any contact" method, but didn't yell and act hurt when bumped.

in the 80's-90's hard fouls and flagrants were scary because it was a hit followed by a thud with the player falling and a weird silence (unless the player would shriek in true pain).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads