• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man of Steel (2013)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Louis Lane wasn't the most boosomy of a character anyways so that won't really be necessary. It worked for Kate Bosworth, look-wise. Now if they were looking for Power Girl, then they need someone "busty".

Speaking of Power Girl, maybe their looking for Power Girl for this movie? Alice Eve would make a good Power Girl.
PowerGirl.jpg

Maybe their looking for Lana Lang for this film, the character became really famous with the Smallville show and I can see Diane Kruger as a good Lana Lang.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For some reason, I've found Kristen Kreuk as the quintessential Lana Lang. I guess playing the role for 8 years will do that for you.
redface.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fact that the casual Superman fan probably had no clue who Lana was before the show started had something to do with that as well.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Idk. In my experience, people seem to find Lana Lang a lot recognizable than say, Gwen Stacy. Casual fan or not.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even before Smallville? Stacy was definitely more known than Lana before Smallville.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I guess you could say Gwen was more iconic because of her death and all. It's just that Lana has been featured in a bunch of shows, cartoons, and movies prior to Smallville. I assumed people would at least have an idea of who she is.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But the Spider Man animated series is one of the most famous of all comic book medias an Gwen appears there at times. Sadly, this is also where most get their Spider Man knowledge and that is why most do not know any better. Any deviation from that show and people assume it is wrong.

Lana has showed up maybe once (twice max) in the Superman animated series.

Just throwing it out there but Batman: Animated Series is the best animated series ever!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
But the Spider Man animated series is one of the most famous of all comic book medias an Gwen appears there at times. Sadly, this is also where most get their Spider Man knowledge and that is why most do not know any better. Any deviation from that show and people assume it is wrong.

Lana has showed up maybe once (twice max) in the Superman animated series.

Just throwing it out there but Batman: Animated Series is the best animated series ever!

Yeah, in terms of animated series, it goes:

- Batman
- X-Men
- Spider-Man
- JLA
- Superman

Speaking of which, did you ever catch the animated series of Spider-Man that aired on MTV? It was..interesting to say the least.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Finally we agree on something!!!!!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

yes... and justice league season 1 and 2 is 2nd place.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Batman: Animated was always number 1 for me.

Superman 2.

Never got into Spidey or X-men animations... Didn't like their styles.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Never got into Spidey or X-men animations... Didn't like their styles.
The original The X-Men was my 2nd favorite after Batman. It had great villians, good voice acting, and went through all the best subplots (phoenix, shi-ar empire, savage lands). Highly recommended. All the new ones, on the other hand, have sucked.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Finally we agree on something!!!!!

****, world is about to implode.

But yeah, all these new comic cartoons are crap. Teen Titans was decent and the new Avengers aren't that bad but the art is always looking cartoony. Batman had a dark style and XMen and Spiderman actually look like comics in motion. These new ones are just disappointing trash and with even worse stories.

I've heard goo things about Young Justice but have yet to catch an episode. Here's the first episode, which I haven't watched because I've been too lazy and just don't like watching shows on my CPU.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Yeah, in terms of animated series, it goes:

- Batman
- X-Men
- Spider-Man
- JLA
- Superman

Speaking of which, did you ever catch the animated series of Spider-Man that aired on MTV? It was..interesting to say the least.

The correct order is this:

Batman
JLA Unlimited
X-Men
Spider-Man
Batman Beyond
Superman

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads