• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by afc345
Thinking about taperin the legs of my 007s; anyone done this?

sure, people do it all the time. i would send to denim doctor/htc. they have done a pair of my pbjs a while back and do a great job. it will cost ~ $50-$60 to have them do it.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FourT6and2, [if you don't have any issue w/ length] just keep wearing 'em, man. come back to us in about 3mos or before you need to soak/wash. you were advised to a size W34 for a reason
teacha.gif
Thinking about taperin the legs of my 007s; anyone done this?
most ppl i know that tapered their 005/007 eventually sold em. these are really expensive jeans. imo, try to get the cut that you want right off the bat. customization/alteration sometimes lead to dissatisfaction & anxiety.
Originally Posted by StevenisWhere
You bought the one-wash pair... I just bought the same pair the other day. They've already been washed once... minimal shrinkage...
007s are not overdyes, just weft dyed.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^

thats true ... i sold my pair i had tapered but it was not because of the taper. but you do make a good point ... if you dont like the fit maybe look for another cut.

afc345

Reaction score
Yeah, the thing is I really like the fit and all, but the leg opening is a bit too wide to my liking. Maybe I should just wait and see what happens with account to stretching in the thigs and all so the proportions don't look off before the eventual wash.

Did also get drunk in them last night and ended up spilling ****** burgerking sauce on some places
ffffuuuu.gif

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
lol, so your the only person in existence that can soak a pair of "raw" jeans in cold water for an hour and not get any shrinkage ... wait ... thats BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT A ONE-WASH MODEL. so yes, you can go ahead and wash them how you want ... hot/cold/warm/dirty/clean water and they will shrink back to their new jean state. still dont believe me? take them back to big and have them pull your invoice ... lol!

For THE LAST TIME, I tried on a pair of 34 ONE WASH 007's in the store and I could NOT GET THEM ON. THEY WERE TOO SMALL. I'm looking at my pair right now. They say "34." If they were one wash, I wouldn't fit in them...

It's like you're not even reading what I type.

botton line? this was a total waist of time and people need to pay attention to what they buy.
Yeah, a waste of MY time. You seem overly-concerned with my situation. Almost to the point of obsession. And it's weirding me out.

botton line (II): buy another brand and in the future ... PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU BUY
smile.gif
Why do you keep telling me to buy some other brand? I like the PBJ's. The 34's are just too tight in the crotch for me and I assumed that getting a size up and then shrinking them was the way to go. That was my original question! Why can't I just get a straight answer from someone?

Look, I assumed the guy in the store knew what he was talking about. I bought the pair he recommended. You seem to think I'm trying to blame BIG or PBJ for something? I'm not. I'm perfectly happy with the service I got. I just have a SIMPLE sizing question that I can't get answered...

raw pbj's with a one hour cold soak will shrink down 1.5" in the waist and inseam. if you do a hot wash you might get another 1/4-1/2" of shrinkage or up to 2" shrinkage out of the raw version only . if you buy the o/w version you can do a hot or cold soak or wash and they wont shrink at all ... hence the reason why their one-washed. do you follow this?
Thanks. I know what one wash are. But a 34 will NOT fit me. Too small. Already tried them on. So, I take it I should have gone with a 36 one wash?

34 raw: fit me (too tight in the crotch for comfort, though).
34 one wash: DO NOT FIT.
My jeans say "34." Hence, they are NOT one wash.

I don't know how much more simply I can put it.

This will be my last post here. I'll contact BIG and see what they say about it.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
For THE LAST TIME, I tried on a pair of 34 ONE WASH 007's in the store and I could NOT GET THEM ON. THEY WERE TOO SMALL. I'm looking at my pair right now. They say "34." If they were one wash, I wouldn't fit in them... It's like you're not even reading what I type.
LOL, nope, im reading what you type but its clear you dont know what you bought because i know like WAY more than you about pbj
smile.gif
buts its okay, we all may mistakes. in fact, there is not a person in this thread that thinks you bought a raw version and soaked them and you didnt get any shrinkage ... THATS WHAT RAW JEANS DO. you bought a o/w version. like i mentioned, call big and have them pull up what they sold you. here is a link to your RAW 007's. you got a 34 right ... so they measure ~ 37" in the waist right? your my size and those wouldnt even stay on my waist. again, YOU GOT THE O/W VERSION. just an fyi, they dont say one-wash on them. you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the two because their not marked other than the actual tag size and one is o/w'd and shrunken down to tag size and the other is not. make sense? okay ... bye! http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatev - just let it go man! Pages and pages, and still no resolution... it's not like it's a political debate...

But I still like you all the same.
worship.gif

As for 46&2 - have to admit the story doesn't make total sense to me. Any truely raw denim will shrink major when touching water. If you've soaked them for that long and they still are the same size, I WOULD SUSPECT a o/w situation. But, you did go in, and physically talk with the guys, so I would trust they didn't let you leave the store without knowing what's up. I wouldn't THINK they'd hem a raw-jean to your exact measurements without telling you about shrinkage - and given that they didn't I'd SUSPECT again that it's o/w.

But whatever. I'm with IIIIcon - wear the heck out of them, beat them up, stretch them out, get some sick fadez, and then post pics in the "How do you rock 'em" thread.

And not trying to alienate you at all 46&2 - it's just that for people who have been doing this for a long time, aspects don't all add up. Not saying you're not being completely truthful, it's just different.

Alright - bomb diffused. Let's move on.

Yamete I like your fit, bud. But how long have you been wearing those? The pockets (even in the awkward lighting) look a bit worn already. I've been starting to see the light blue start to come out in my highest-friction areas for the last two weeks and am loving it. It's almost like there's some new color to my pair each day.

Definitely convinced at this point that I'll pick up another PBJ in the future. Probably the 005 black just for rotation in color. Haven't ever really rocked black jeans before (I know, I know... I'm a loser).

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^007s are coming along nicely, Yamete.

@FourT6and2, here's my stretched out W33 007: Xposting
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
Update #2: after 1st wash__ double washed cold.
pbjfitx2wsh.jpg

pbjorthx2wsh.jpg

Yeah, the thing is I really like the fit and all, but the leg opening is a bit too wide to my liking. Maybe I should just wait and see what happens with account to stretching in the thigs and all so the proportions don't look off before the eventual wash.

Did also get drunk in them last night and ended up spilling ****** burgerking sauce on some places
ffffuuuu.gif

then you shouldve checked out the tapered models: PBJ XX-011 w/grey wefted LHT or the XX-013 [same denim as 005].

Cacatfish

Reaction score
For THE LAST TIME, I tried on a pair of 34 ONE WASH 007's in the store and I could NOT GET THEM ON. THEY WERE TOO SMALL. I'm looking at my pair right now. They say "34." If they were one wash, I wouldn't fit in them...

It's like you're not even reading what I type.

Yeah, a waste of MY time. You seem overly-concerned with my situation. Almost to the point of obsession. And it's weirding me out.

Why do you keep telling me to buy some other brand? I like the PBJ's. The 34's are just too tight in the crotch for me and I assumed that getting a size up and then shrinking them was the way to go. That was my original question! Why can't I just get a straight answer from someone?

Look, I assumed the guy in the store knew what he was talking about. I bought the pair he recommended. You seem to think I'm trying to blame BIG or PBJ for something? I'm not. I'm perfectly happy with the service I got. I just have a SIMPLE sizing question that I can't get answered...

Thanks. I know what one wash are. But a 34 will NOT fit me. Too small. Already tried them on. So, I take it I should have gone with a 36 one wash?

34 raw: fit me (too tight in the crotch for comfort, though).
34 one wash: DO NOT FIT.
My jeans say "34." Hence, they are NOT one wash.

I don't know how much more simply I can put it.

This will be my last post here. I'll contact BIG and see what they say about it.

Those jeans will stretch still..... a LOT.
Even if you hot soak them and they shrink some, in the end, they will stretch right out and even past the pre-soak size they are at now. I think there are only a few other denims that stretch more. My 34's are now almost unwearable from so much stretch. Just wear them for a while and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
I just don't understand how my 34's could be one wash when the 34 one wash I tried on in the store would't fit me... Even if my pair are really one-wash, that still doesn't help me. I want a larger size. So, my original question still stands. Will a 009 be looser than the 007? They're supposed to be a looser fit, right? So, should I get a 34 raw, 34 one wash, 36 raw and shrink 'em, what? I really do like the style, quality and feel of PBJ's slubby denim. Especially those purple 010's. So, if I can get a pair that actually fit and are comfortable, I will. Gonna physically measure the pair I have and post back with the numbers. Then I'll contact BIG and see what their recommendation is on what size I should get in either the 009 or 010.
Originally Posted by Cacatfish
Those jeans will stretch still..... a LOT. Even if you hot soak them and they shrink some, in the end, they will stretch right out and even past the pre-soak size they are at now. I think there are only a few other denims that stretch more. My 34's are now almost unwearable from so much stretch. Just wear them for a while and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.
I hope they stretch out. Because I got some serious abrasion lines imprinted in my skin at the end of the day...
biggrin.gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand how my 34's could be one wash when the 34 one wash I tried on in the store would't fit me...

Even if my pair are really one-wash, that still doesn't help me. I want a larger size. So, my original question still stands. Will a 009 be looser than the 007? They're supposed to be a looser fit, right? So, should I get a 34 raw, 34 one wash, 36 raw and shrink 'em, what?

I really do like the style, quality and feel of PBJ's slubby denim. Especially those purple 010's. So, if I can get a pair that actually fit and are comfortable, I will.

Gonna physically measure the pair I have and post back with the numbers. Then I'll contact BIG and see what their recommendation is on what size I should get in either the 009 or 010.

I hope they stretch out. Because I got some serious abrasion lines imprinted in my skin at the end of the day...
biggrin.gif

I actually believe you that you bought raws. I've done a lot of cold soaks on raw unsanforized denim in the past, and I never get significant shrinkage on cold soaks either. BiG has told me to expect up to an inch of shrinkage in the waist and inseam on cold soaks with unsanforized raw denim, but it's always been a fraction of that for me at most in the past. That's why I don't do cold soaks anymore unless the jeans are already really tight raw.

Plus, it makes sense to me that you did not fit into the 34 one-wash at all and were able to get these on, so these must be raw, I would think.

If it says what you bought on your receipt, you could post that part of it up and settle the debate once and for all.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just don't understand how my 34's could be one wash when the 34 one wash I tried on in the store would't fit me... Even if my pair are really one-wash, that still doesn't help me. I want a larger size. So, my original question still stands. Will a 009 be looser than the 007? They're supposed to be a looser fit, right? So, should I get a 34 raw, 34 one wash, 36 raw and shrink 'em, what? I really do like the style, quality and feel of PBJ's slubby denim. Especially those purple 010's. So, if I can get a pair that actually fit and are comfortable, I will. Gonna physically measure the pair I have and post back with the numbers. Then I'll contact BIG and see what their recommendation is on what size I should get in either the 009 or 010. I hope they stretch out. Because I got some serious abrasion lines imprinted in my skin at the end of the day...
biggrin.gif

just measure the ones you have. if they are indeed raw they would be huge. they would at least measure 37" in the waist. and if you dont think a 34 would fit you then go a size up. you dont seem to get that the jeans will stretch out. IIIrd was nice enough to take pics of his fit and that is how they should fit +/-. i am 5'11" 180-185lbs and there is no way i could wear a 34 raw in those ... they are simply to big. i need a 33 in 007s. your about my size as well, right? it just doesnt make sense but you are certainly free to buy whatever size you want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads