• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
I was shocked when saw the prices on Alden as well when I was in Tokyo on December. Dudes there obviously read the internet...I'm sure they could pick some up from leather sole hawaii for a ton less (unless the collabs are the exact colors that they want). Even with shipping at $60 they'd come out far, far ahead Where is hummingbird hill located? Never stumbled onto it while walking around on any of my trips to tokyo
I'm sure Japanese tourists make up a huge part of LSH's walk in clientele for that reason. $700 for Trickers Stow and $1100+ for alden cordovan chukkas & brogues is bit much for sure Hummingbird Hill is in Ebisu, it's a shop with a burger cafe connected to it, stocks Alden, Trickers etc. Just slightly south west of the Ebisu JR station. Here's a quick indoor snapshot of the burgundy Stow I got from Leathersoul, actual wearing pic in outdoor light will post tomorrow. Next to it is the Dry Bones "gillie" brogue boot in burgundy. you can see that the Trickers is more brownish with more "yellow" in the color makeup. Whereas the Dry Bones is more of a magenta burgundy with more "blue" in the color.
brogueboots.jpg

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Moo- Those look great, are those from the STP sale? If so, which color?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm sure Japanese tourists make up a huge part of LSH's walk in clientele for that reason. $700 for Trickers Stow and $1100+ for alden cordovan chukkas & brogues is bit much for sure

Hummingbird Hill is in Ebisu, it's a shop with a burger cafe connected to it, stocks Alden, Trickers etc. Just slightly south west of the Ebisu JR station.

Here's a quick indoor snapshot of the burgundy Stow I got from Leathersoul, actual wearing pic in outdoor light will post tomorrow. Next to it is the Dry Bones "gillie" brogue boot in burgundy. you can see that the Trickers is more brownish with more "yellow" in the color makeup. Whereas the Dry Bones is more of a magenta burgundy with more "blue" in the color.

brogueboots.jpg

GS, the burgundy Stows are where it's at! Awesome pair. Great colorway that I can see being very versatile with clothing of all colorwys, including black. Looking forward to the wearing pic. A full shot would be good to get a good feel of the look in a true fit if you could spare the time. That's the one thing I wish posters would do more of, post with full length shot to get an idea of how they look worn with a complete outfit (don't need a face in there obviously).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You guys are crazy boots on the right are sick.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
lol moo, see waywt for mine. your epic photography makes them look like completely different shoes. I'm in love already, though. edit, repost:
u5bupl.jpg

nut brown or gold mc ? I'm trying to decide on which color to get. In the STP thread whynot posted some great pics in sunlight of the gold mc, which look great.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine just showed up at work. First impressions are very favorable. I'm a 12 in many tennis shoes, an 11 in Alden Barrie and Trubalance, and I got 10.5 UK and the fit is good. A little high volume (eyelet facings come completely together at bottom) bu the length could not be any shorter or they wouldn't work. Shoe quality is pretty high I think and they came with a cloth divider, shoe bags, extra laces and even shoe polish which I think is a really nice touch and something Alden should take note of. I got the nut brown and the color is exactly what I was looking for. I think it's probably a little more on the tan side of things then the gold mc from pics I have seen. At work so only have my iphone but here is a quick snap.

trickers.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Burgundy Stow from LSH

outdoor light
trickersstow.jpg

indoor
trickersstow2.jpg

fit pic wearing them today
trickersstow3.jpg

I dont know if I would call the color "Burgundy". compared to a true chocolate brown, yes these are burgundy, but they def lean heavily on the brown end of the color spectrum. More like mahogany than burgundy, which should be a more wine/blue-ish shade. Regardless, it's a very good color but more of a brown in my book.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Smart- Those are awesome, great contrast between the sole and the uppers, love it.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Burgundy Stow from LSH

outdoor light
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9...ickersstow.jpg

indoor
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5...ckersstow2.jpg

fit pic wearing them today
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5...ckersstow3.jpg

I dont know if I would call the color "Burgundy". compared to a true chocolate brown, yes these are burgundy, but they def lean heavily on the brown end of the color spectrum. More like mahogany than burgundy, which should be a more wine/blue-ish shade. Regardless, it's a very good color but more of a brown in my book.

Simply outstanding, GS. Thanks for posting the pics, really get a good idea how those look put together in a silhouette. I really really like these "burgundy" Stows. Now to rob a bank
plain.gif

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
i just received my trickers derby boots in coffee and they are too small.
i bought a 9 and need a 9.5. is anyone willing to trade?
Or is anyone interested in buying my pair for the same price i paid (316.20). pm me

What is your US size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads