• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B|aze

Reaction score
Oh yeah and this one aswell
77152675d11.jpg

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
I know I came in here thinking I was going to see Stührlings, Fossils, Timex, Seikos and the like. So, if owning an Omega means your poor then I'm skrewed :lau gh:[
apparently you don't know much about seiko.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider

I don't know squat about watches period!
smile.gif

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planet Ocean!! I've always hated the hands on the Seamaster Pro.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider

You have to realize that to an American, Seiko is not a very high end watch. You can't walk into a store in the US (that I know of) and buy a Grand Seiko, or a high end Spring Drive. We get the mall stuff...with only a few low grade mechanicals included in the mix. Hell, my Premier, which I love dearly, I was only able to get by purchasing online from Asia.

Seiko could never sell a Grand Seiko with any success in the US. Most people would buy a Rolex long before the G.S......most people in the US think a Rolex is the pinnacle of watches and the most one would ever spend on a watch.

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See? I told you I knew squat about watches
confused.gif

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
You have to realize that to an American, Seiko is not a very high end watch. You can't walk into a store in the US (that I know of) and buy a Grand Seiko, or a high end Spring Drive. We get the mall stuff...with only a few low grade mechanicals included in the mix. Hell, my Premier, which I love dearly, I was only able to get by purchasing online from Asia.

Seiko could never sell a Grand Seiko with any success in the US. Most people would buy a Rolex long before the G.S......most people in the US think a Rolex is the pinnacle of watches and the most one would ever spend on a watch.

Mike

oh, i realize it. sad, but true.

seanpatrickb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
See? I told you I knew squat about watches
confused.gif

Definitely expected a thread full of seiko 5's. Not knocking them, I currently wear a navy one on a bond nato band.

ktrp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin

Mike

What I find odd is that you can't walk into a store and buy a Grand Seiko (actually I think you now can in Toronto, perhaps? They've opened a standalone seiko store). But at the same time ... you _also_ can't walk in to a store and buy an inexpensive seiko 5.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like both watches but considering retail for the PO should only be about $500 more than the Seamaster, I see no reason to pay $1000 more.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Planet Ocean!! I've always hated the hands on the Seamaster Pro.

That, and the ugly Milsub dial.

The PO dial is much nicer imo.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
I like both watches but considering retail for the PO should only be about $500 more than the Seamaster, I see no reason to pay $1000 more.

The retail difference is closer to $400 more for the PO, but as I understand it the OP would be trading in a used SMP for a new PO, hence the extra $$$.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so here's one of my poor man's watches. Lucian Piccard Automatic

1296855844597.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads