• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice - HERMES Belts

jhva3

Reaction score
^^^^I get what you are saying, but no one is ever going to be able to see that unless they are about to give you a ****. I got a Ferragmo reversible belt that I like for a gift.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotLaw
Anyway, I came to the conclusion that a guy wearing an H-belt radiates a certain p0rn actor vibe.

If anyone asks just say it stands for 'herpes'.

hermes man

Reaction score
i have one but i dont know what i am doing wrong ... the strap doesnt seem to be that durable
ffffuuuu.gif

Flashman

Reaction score
Back in August 2010 i started this thread.

During the intermetent months I variously waited for the time I could justify the purchase. By Jan I had decided I could go for it.
Back in December I popped into the NBSt shop but they did not have the buckle and strap I wanted.

Finally after 2 weeks of phone calls and a few angry-ish exchnage I picked up my H belt. I actually paid for the brush finish gold - then after paying for it changed it for the smooth gold as it was the original one I liked.

Very happy.

Cant wait to wear it with my jean - esp in the summer with my white jeans!

Unregistered

Reaction score
I have a orange one with a gold buckle I wear just with jeans. Or when I golf.

I was reading through the first page and just wondering... where is hermes man?

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the best belts by far. Good purchase. Pics?

Flashman

Reaction score
I took the brown/black strap back anc changed it for the orange/black which was the original colours that I wanted all along when I first liked the belt.

Phew...lucky I found the strap and they had it in stock!

The experince of buying the H belt has been the most stressful shopping experience of my life.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i actually am not sure if they are supposed to be unisex. because i see that they make the belt straps in different widths. someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think the wider ones are the men's belts. oh, and for those that are disillusioned by the big H buckle - - Hermes makes a lot of different buckles. only a few of them are shaped like a big H
teacha.gif

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carl_paris
I have an H belt in Black/Brown with gold buckle. Chicks dig it.

Because they think you're rich. Anyway, good for a quick lay.
fistbump.gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont mean to be an ignoramus, but what is the big deal with Hermes? I never even heard of them before joining SF. I decided to look around at them, and they go for high dollar. Are they yet another brand label that everyone simply must have, or do they actually have a genuine level of quality making them a sensible, solid choice for clothing and accessories?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
I dont mean to be an ignoramus, but what is the big deal with Hermes? I never even heard of them before joining SF. I decided to look around at them, and they go for high dollar. Are they yet another brand label that everyone simply must have, or do they actually have a genuine level of quality making them a sensible, solid choice for clothing and accessories?

The leatherwork is overated but better than most big label brands. The metalwork is good quality and uses expensive materials - silver and palladium for eg. Better than probably all of the big brands regarding quality, but desperately expensive and a bit blingey IMHO

Charlie

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Equus Leather
The leatherwork is overated but better than most big label brands. The metalwork is good quality and uses expensive materials - silver and palladium for eg. Better than probably all of the big brands regarding quality, but desperately expensive and a bit blingey IMHO

Charlie

You know, a good friend of mine once told me: "When you're young, if you can bling it up, bling the f**k up. Understated elegance is when you are settling down."
But then again we were arguing over if having the cash whether to go for a Lamborghini or an Aston Martin.

Actually I don't even knowwhy I'm bringing this up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads