• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Looks Smallbone of Devizes to me. In any event - not cheap.

The original question was

Originally Posted by Fred49
I would like to get some ops on this kitchen. I think it is very cool but want feedback. Feel free to be picky. I wont give you a price as shown so dont ask. I am looking for feedback on just the LOOK alone.
so wetter it's insanely expensive or from home depot, as it' not relevant to the question.

Let me explain why I don't like them.

The white one, if you look at the celling and the window the room looks modern and it's probably a new house with modern architecture or a showroom made to look like a new house, so it just seems wrong to put a kitchen like that in it with those design lines, at least in opinion.

The flat paint looks cheap to me, the cabinet next to the stove for some reason looks like plastic to me, so it just have a cheap feel to me, but it's entirely based on that one picture, as I have no hands on experience with the product.

The Orange one, I really hate orange on any thing that isn't a fruit or an expensive Italian car, I grew up in a house where some halfwit had painted our Vola luminaires bright orange and I always hated it and yellow/orange has always been you to show this is cheap, so I have pre form opinion on that colour, which ruined it for me.

The black one is fine it just reminds of a Boffi kitchen I saw a while back, and it has the same kind of wall cabinets a the Valcucine everyone doesn't like

Originally Posted by gomestar
let me re-awaken my notion of witty concept but poor user design. I see it in those kitchens.

It's a show kitchen made to show, what they can do and not be placed in a home, I've seen their stuff in a house and it works very well, the person who had it had chosen regular wall cabinets instead of the sliding one.

Everyone has their one style and taste some like Ferrari some like Porsche and some like Kia and it's the same with kitchen and clothes and thank god for that, it would be so boring if everyone looked a like and had the same things, especially if everyone looked like Sooki and The Situation

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer kitchens with cabinetry that reaches the ceiling.

Having extra cabinets and no place for oily dust to accumulate far outweighs the fact that you may not be able to reach them without a stool and that you now have nowhere to display your ****** knick-knack vases.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
It's a show kitchen made to show, what they can do and not be placed in a home, I've seen their stuff in a house and it works very well, the person who had it had chosen regular wall cabinets instead of the sliding one.

got it, this makes a difference.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the aesthetics of the Valcucine ones - actually like the lacquer/aluminum combos enough. They just don't seem well displayed IMO for people who have kitchen they actually use to cook things. The oven inside a sliding (or regular) cabinet is particularly ridiculous (and potentially dangerous). It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
^he wanted comments based on the pictures and look alone, price and quality doesn't always match, I know of a bunch of furniture and clothing firms that charges way above what their product is worth, just because they can and I'm sure you do as well.

I like stuff like this

Sorry in advance for the huge pictures
confused.gif

Modern-Kitchen-with-original-finish-Mesa-by-Schiffini-2-554x692.jpg

56_01-gen01-generale-orizzontale-.jpg

54_01-generale-orizzontale-ok.jpg

23_01-laminato-bianco-013_v1.jpg

I like them too. Schiffini is a good brand. Valcucine is not a brand I would buy. At their showroom in Milan their display was falling apart. I think that they are a better idea than kitchen.
I have experience with both of the brands I showed you above and they may be ugly examples of studio kitchens but they are far from cheap in how they are manufactured. As a matter of fact I would put them up against Schiffini and Valcucine in quality any day of the week.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
They make chalkboard paint. You should check it out. I have magnetic paint from the same maker and much to my surprise it actually works quite well.

we're planning on using the Benjamin Moore chalkboard paint. seems like a good way to add a little character to our tiny kitchen.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
I like them too. Schiffini is a good brand. Valcucine is not a brand I would buy. At their showroom in Milan their display was falling apart. I think that they are a better idea than kitchen. I have experience with both of the brands I showed you above and they may be ugly examples of studio kitchens but they are far from cheap in how they are manufactured. As a matter of fact I would put them up against Schiffini and Valcucine in quality any day of the week.
I love schiffini Londons showroom, I haven't seen Valcucines Milan flagship store, I have only seen the factory showroom and the London showroom and compared to most Danish brands they are both far Superior. When were you at the Milan showroom, during Salone last year?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the chalkboard paint is over-used nowadays.

It's ok for a portion of wall in a kids room or play-room, not so much in the kitchen. Feels like a cop-out for interesting color and design imo.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I feel like the chalkboard paint is over-used nowadays. It's ok for a portion of wall in a kids room or play-room, not so much in the kitchen. Feels like a cop-out for interesting color and design imo.
in our house, which is completely white, including the floors, it shall be interesting design AND color. also i will use it.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like chalkboard paint for kids areas. We don't really have enough wall area to make it work ourselves but I think it's a cool concept - overused or not.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
if I had something like that in my kitchen, it'd be less as a cop-out to good design and more because I'd probably use it when I cook bigger meals. As it stands I tape some paper the cupboard over my prep area (all 2' of prep area)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
yet another post that makes me wish we had a sad-face fist bump smiley.

195.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads