• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainy and blue. BB pictures aren't exactly up to snuff here but use your imagination. Note the extra blue sprezz in the lapel.
tinfoil.gif
IMG00036-20110204-0909.jpg
IMG00037-20110204-0915.jpg
SC: HF Shirt: BB Tie: FIH PS: Wang Pants: Mabs Belt: RL Boots: AS for BB Socks: BB

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jan_
Wow, a flap at your breast pocket... Unusual. Different.
Originally Posted by spoozy
I just can´t bring myself to like this flapped breast pocket...
RL put out a load of items a few years back with this feature, and I got a handful at the time. It's a detail that always splits the crowd on SF, with the majority being unfavourable. Still, I think it makes for a fun change occasionally.
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
LB jkt
Dig this.
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
http://img545.imageshack.us/i/p1060504o.jpg
Great tie.
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Blue Challenge
The mustard gloves are the highlight for me. Lovely.
Originally Posted by LilacCords
BLUE CHALLENGE
Even for a blue challenge, this is too blue for me!
smile.gif
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
None blue challenge. I was oblivious to the girls snubbing me
biggrin.gif

There's something so delightfully StyleForum about this photo.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
smile.gif
Blue challenge. Managed to incorporate a few recent purchases from earlier in the week into today's look too... must have subconsciously had blue on my mind.
laugh.gif
Got the crepe-sole suede chukkas from Zegna, and the navy wool bow-tie and the cotton cornflower-blue sweater from RL. All at decent prices, but the bow-tie was the best deal at under a fiver.
feb04006.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Lovely jacket; lovely chukkas.
Thanks! The jacket is Ede & Ravenscroft, from (IIRC) a Porter & Harding Glorious Twelfth fabric.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Ye are the Shakespeare reincarnate of SF, both in language and in dress. It took me twenty minutes to decipher your post, and another twenty to give you the appropriate amount of homage by bowing.
Originally Posted by wootx
True indeed. I'm seriously pondering if I might ask this gentleman if he wish to pose as me for the writing of my upcoming bestseller. We could use a WAYWT pic for the back cover.
Sometime I might learn to speak (and dress) more concisely, but, for the moment - I go for Baroque. As for posing for the back cover photo of a bestseller - are you sure that it would be a bestseller were my poor physiognomy on it?
wink.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
P1020609505x1280.jpg

A wonderful suit, Crusty. The tie...well, not my taste. Still, props for the WFO approach.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Blue challenge. Managed to incorporate a few recent purchases from earlier in the week into today's look too... must have subconsciously had blue on my mind.
laugh.gif
Got the crepe-sole suede chukkas from Zegna, and the navy wool bow-tie and the cotton cornflower-blue sweater from RL. All at decent prices, but the bow-tie was the best deal at under a fiver.

feb04006.jpg

Nice job, HF. That is some serious blue working.....

BLUE CHALLENGE

blue7.jpg

Enjoy your weekend.

I like this. The tie isn't my cup of tea, but it is certainly blue!

Mike

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BLUE CHALLENGE

[]

Enjoy your weekend.

Lot's going on, but it works.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must learn to use multi quote button.........

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Sorry for the crappy pix, but Mrs. Spoo bounced on me. Anyway, all blue everything.
[[/IMG]

Love that tie Spoo.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
A wonderful suit, Crusty. The tie...well, not my taste. Still, props for the WFO approach.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. The suit is New & Lingwood, bought Nov. 2009 - I saw it in the window and had to have it. The braces are also N & L, though I've had them for at least 12 years. The tie is my latest indulgence from Charvet, via Bergdorf's, and I understand perfectly your aversion to it - I like Charvet, but the ties tend to visually overtake every outfit with which they are worn.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
Beautiful. I must to learn this tie knots. How you do it?
worship2.gif

Double wrap it and from the top stick your finger or something in it until it's fairly tight, then squeeze the bottom and finish tightening it. With some practice you can dictate how deep of a dimple it is and the tilt of the knot.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Miserable, awful rainy day in New Orleans. As such, I was forced onto the porch. Sorry about the pics, I did the best I could in the lighting and short distance conditions.
ffffuuuu.gif

BLUE CHALLENGE!!!

I think I had some sprezz left over from last week that snuck out. My collar pin/tie bar is only Sterling Silver though....I don't roll as deep as Graeme.
lol8[1].gif

Anyway, have a great day and try to stay dry/warm.

Mike

BlueChallenge-5.JPG

BlueChallenge-2.JPG

BlueChallenge-3.JPG

BlueChallenge-4.JPG

End of day all wrinkled shot with alternative shoes for teh haterz.........

BlueChallengeAlternate.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads