• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Despite the fact that most of the coverage is focused on stuff outside my typical interests, the write-ups Pete has been doing for the front page articles are really great. I always try to appreciate things (to a certain extent) regardless of direction or branding and there's quite a lot out there.

Pete, you're an excellent writer. Guess WAC isn't all that bad.
cheers.gif

fistbump.gif

Re: Brooklyn, I was consulting Europeans at the Breslin and was told the top American beers they see at home were Bud (naturally), Brooklyn, and Anchor Steam. Weird.

Regarding whiskey, drink Blanton's for bourbon, Powers for Irish, Sazerac rye.

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
i call it "hipster dave & busters"

not that your description is bad

We have one of those. It's got minigolf, skee-ball, shuffleboard... DC tho so frattier than hipster.

Originally Posted by sipang
Great, thanks. So is this shirt available already or what ?

Fall, if I remember right.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steezin
I joined in 2008...

And it was more of a dicussion point than me stating a fact, hence the question mark...

No need to take it so personally dude, cool the kid needs to chill.

nah, im enjoying his posts for once.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Re: Brooklyn, I was consulting Europeans at the Breslin and was told the top American beers they see at home were Bud (naturally), Brooklyn, and Anchor Steam. Weird.

Pretty much, plus Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
^^^^ Details escape me right now but there's also a couple good designer consignment stores in Antwerp.

Peep the only Schneider store in the world, next level sobriety

stephan.jpg

I feel like I would need to know a password to get in.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lol.
wow, the alcohol talk skipped this thread 6-7 pages ahead from last night to this morning
laugh.gif

anyways, anybody handle "isaora" in person. im liking a lot of their s/s stuff.

http://issuu.com/isaora/docs/ss11?mo...owFlipBtn=true

#7 in the lookbook seems to have a rick-type styling to it.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

*Random Booze Thoughts*

In Ireland Bud, Miller and Coors ******* Light are the main American beers available plus Brooklyn Lager and a few others in bottles from off licences. Which is why I stick to Guinness on draft.

Powers is my 'everyday' Irish Whiskey too. Not a huge difference between it, Paddy and Jameson but it's definitely my favourite. Basic Irish whiskies are miles ahead of basic Scotch. Diferrent case when you trade up though.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
fuji is a pretty cool guy; will comment on his gf later

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The problem is, no one actually thinks about why they're "lusting over ****", you can lust all you like for a pair of sterling silver riveted jeans, spend X amount of cash on them and then what? You have an extremely expensive pair of jeans that no one other than you gives a **** about. And to elph, yeh it makes you feel good, but is it really worth the time, effort and money when all it really gives you is the self satisfaction of "i can consume things that i do not need" and the ability to show off to your prentitious and materialistic internet friends.
dude, get ready to have your mind blown: people outside of forums also buy/lust over the same **** people on forums do, so for them it's obviously not for the purpose of "showing off to your pretentious and materialistic internet friends". I hope I didnt lose you yet, but prepare to have your mind REALLY blown. maybe, just maybe, the people here are buying these clothes for the same reason(s) as those off the forums, but like talking about them as well so they come here. I know it's a lot to swallow man, but who do you really think is copping all the stuff people here lust over that we all complain is hard to find or sold out?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
dude, get ready to have your mind blown:

people outside of forums also buy/lust over the same **** people on forums do, so for them it's obviously not for the purpose of "showing off to your pretentious and materialistic internet friends".

I hope I didnt lose you yet, but prepare to have your mind REALLY blown.

maybe, just maybe, the people here are buying these clothes for the same reason(s) as those off the forums, but like talking about them as well so they come here.

I know it's a lot to swallow man, but who do you really think is copping all the stuff people here lust over that we all complain is hard to find or sold out?

this or maybe apply the same logic to pretty much any other hobbyist website

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
you never said this about me on here, will never forgive
But that's because you already have so much e-cred I thought you didn't care about my opinion
frown.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I joined in 2008... And it was more of a dicussion point than me stating a fact, hence the question mark... No need to take it so personally dude, cool the kid needs to chill.
Nobody's taking it personal; just don't understand the point of, essentially, questioning why people pursue hobbies that in no way affect you People like to buy + wear quality ****, dressing well in a way is an art and a sport and therefore worth the effort to those who do it. Not a very difficult concept to grasp, unless one is being intentionally obtuse

gats

Reaction score
stumbled apon a Comme De Garcons guerilla store in an alley today when doing a delivery.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
my boy picked up plokhov and white mountaineering for the shop
fistbump.gif

he bought all the socks too

Nice. Is Plokhov going to be out-of-bounds expensive?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gats
stumbled apon a Comme De Garcons guerilla store in an alley today when doing a delivery.

are you a bike messenger? i read some articles in "juxtapoz" magazine about dudes who put stickers everywhere as art and most of them were bike messengers..
the guy that was interviewed was also a graffiti artist and he told a story about how a lot of bike messengers end up transporting illegal stuff. he worked for a underlord in nyc or something.

sounds dangerous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads