• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
You live here? I thought I saw some kid that looked like you the other night I was out.

LOL

no, **** I wish. My goal is to move there once I graduate next year as I use to live there when I was younger, and it was the happiest time of my life.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vthustle
Ah... not your type of establishment I guess?

I don't even know what my type of establishment is man. Truthfully I could give a ****.
Originally Posted by Lane
LOL

no, **** I wish. My goal is to move there once I graduate next year as I use to live there when I was younger, and it was the happiest time of my life.

You older than me, bro?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woops, I mean graduate next school year...so 2012. So, no im 21 as you are, I believe.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
^^ (m)ethanol + RC Cola

Grippin' that wood grain (alcohol)

Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Alcohol price talk makes me glad I don't drink. And then I feel like a dork.

I only drink at industry-sponsored events where someone else is footing the bill.
teacha.gif

ryannn

Reaction score
Undercover PCM jacket so dope, but the JPY too strong. =[

vthustle

Reaction score
Meant no disrespect scott... iirc, you work for an interior design firm correct? I'll be looking for design jobs in NYC pretty soon, different field though.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
mikey, homie, listen to me for a mo'. As hard as it is to be surrounded by glittery **** on the internet all the time, believe me when I say you do not need much in college. Use it to figure out what you want. If ever there was a time to buy some **** that you're sure you'll wear every day (as has been said), that time is now. Getting more, more, more, isn't going to make you feel better; it'll make you feel worse. Lurking on SF is fine as long as it's not a) ruining your credit, or b) ruining your social life. Find a pair of Nordstrom bucks on ebay for 25$, wear them with your 2 pairs of pants/denim in the fall and with cropped shorts in the spring. You do not need to pay 130$ for epaulet shirts. You're short, you'll likely need most things tailored - god help me that I'm about to say this - so just shop jcrew on sale for shirts and have them tailored (to fit like BoO). Buy a few of them, even. Figure out what you want, like the inimitable jetdawg has said, and then buy **** you love. It's worth it to buy quality; but dude, you're like 19, worry about **** that matters.

yeah du I feel what you're saying. *******, I think I'll just cop some simple canvas sneakers and save the cash to get some of my shirts tailored and maybe pick up one new ocbd (probably from lec, can't really beat the price and they fit well enough).

FWIW, most of my purchases since joining fs have been getting a ton of wear. My denim, boots, trousers, shirts, and boots all get a lot of wear and I am happy with most everything.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meant no disrespect scott... iirc, you work for an interior design firm correct? I'll be looking for design jobs in NYC pretty soon, different field though.

Don't trip, none taken, I'm tipsy atm and really don't care where I drink most of the time. And I work in Home furnishings web retail.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
that's like double what he wanted to spend?

on the same note as that though, I picked up my dad some Midleton for Christmas to celebrate some stuff and it was pretty phenomenal, so much so I always get excited to go home now because I know after that train ride I'll step inside to a glass of it haha

I thought he said like $70, round here at least Laphroaig is$55 for a fifth.

SPK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
I thought he said like $70, round here at least Laphroaig is$55 for a fifth.
I might check it out. I feel like I haven't ventured much in the world of whiskey's. I haven't had anything smokey really.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I live a block away, haven't gone.

Brooklyn Brewery/Bowl is like Chuck E. Cheese for adults. It would be fun if it wasnt crowded as **** all day and night every day.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
scott, you ever been to the Brooklyn Brewery? My friends in NYC said it was worth checkin out, but we didn't have a chance to go while I was there earlier in January.

Fun nugget of beer knowledge - the majority of Brooklyn beer is actually brewed on contract in Utica, NY at the FX Matt brewery (their non-contract beers are the Saranac line). Check out the label on your next bottle of Brooklyn (especially the lager, IIRC). It'll probably say it was brewed in Utica.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll make sure I keep not drinking it.

vthustle

Reaction score
Interesting. The only times I've had Brooklyn lager is on tap, so I've never seen the bottle.

And also, lol at the Chuck E. Cheese comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads