• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef All Stars

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover
I have heard contestants plead their cases using that exact line of thought only to hear the judges tell them that it means nothing because they must judge each episode on its own merits without consideration to what they have done thus far.
Were these contestants serious threats to win? I can't imagine the judges cutting Blais or Angelo before the finals regardless of how badly they bomb.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The judges are definately giving some consideration to past performance. They have to say the past has no influence on each challenge, but that's just lip service. They're not going to send home the best chef of the bottom three unless that person's dish was so bad it would be hard to keep them with a straight face.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
As an aside, has anyone on here eaten at Rao's?

I was wondering about that too. Or the one in Vegas, if that's even comparable?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Were these contestants serious threats to win? I can't imagine the judges cutting Blais or Angelo before the finals regardless of how badly they bomb.

I would certainly say Jen Carroll and Tre were both very strong cooks.

aizan

Reaction score
part of the challenge was to let the ingredients speak for themselves, and that was probably the decisive factor.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Def thought trey got screwed. Seemed like Mike should have been the one to go based on the comments they showed. Sounded like Blais had a good dish but got passed over as well due to his immunity.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
terrible episode. that isaac mizrahi dude is
facepalm.gif
. dude just has no taste

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think as repayment, Mizrahi should be forced to create edible underwear (of course modeled by Padma) for the cheftestants to sample.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think as repayment, Mizrahi should be forced to create edible underwear (of course modeled by Padma) for the cheftestants to sample.

worship.gif

Or me to sample.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
terrible episode. that isaac mizrahi dude is
facepalm.gif
. dude just has no taste

While I basically agree - he is what many would call a "taste-maker"

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an aside, has anyone on here eaten at Rao's?

I've eaten their jarred pasta sauce! It's honestly the best jarred sauce I've ever tasted. It's like $10 a jar though, ridiculous.

pasta-trad-rao_300.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I'd rather eat stiff risotto with extra veggies than bland undercooked pasta with no sauce. I think Tre got screwed.

+1

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Rao's work? They alluded to owning the tables.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tre seems to always get confused with the guy that shaved Marcel, but that was Cliff. And much like last time he was on the show, I thought Tre got screwed over, but as before, he was extremely gracious about it.

Exactly.

I think most of these chefs have come to the point where winning All Stars really isn't important.

Dale can't get eliminated; aside from Fabio, he makes some (rather) funny comments.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The best part of watching Top Chef is watching the Million Dollar Listing commercials.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads