• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been mentioned that the 4444 last of the Bourton is slightly bigger than the 4497 of the Stow. Can someone confirm this? Is it enough to size down 1/2 a size?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
they feel the same to me, maybe one is larger (?) but with Trickers country shoes I would say never size down.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Fresh out of the box, Trickers Eaton captoe boot in coffee. color is fantastic, a nice desaturated brown. size 7.5UK (half larger than my normal Trickers size). Worked out great with the thick boot socks I wore today, a perfect fit, would feel loose with thin socks. Wouldnt size up on shoes (bourton etc) but worked well for boots.
trickerseaton.jpg
zippy, will wear the burgundy ones tomorrow and put photo up here then.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Fresh out of the box, Trickers Eaton captoe boot in coffee. [/IMG]

gangstaaaaaaa. Don't know why there haven't been more captoe Trickers brogue boots before LS. Seems a perfect combo.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
It's been mentioned that the 4444 last of the Bourton is slightly bigger than the 4497 of the Stow. Can someone confirm this? Is it enough to size down 1/2 a size?

Yes. Size down 1/2 size from the 4497 to the 4444

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh out of the box, Trickers Eaton captoe boot in coffee. color is fantastic, a nice desaturated brown.

size 7.5UK (half larger than my normal Trickers size). Worked out great with the thick boot socks I wore today, a perfect fit, would feel loose with thin socks. Wouldnt size up on shoes (bourton etc) but worked well for boots.
trickerseaton.jpg

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

pdsf

Reaction score
Very nice, Get Smart.

The Tricker's I saw in Japan were all "collabs" - Tricker's for United Arrows, Tricker's for (______ insert a well known store name here - my demented brain + lack of sleep made me forget - it will come back to me) and Tricker's for Paul Smith. Tricker's for PS felt narrower to me. Prices were high though - the cheapest pair of boots I saw was about US$800.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin

Yeah the 4444 does seem bigger but not enough to size down.

Fresh out of the box, Trickers Eaton captoe boot in coffee. color is fantastic, a nice desaturated brown.

Thanks GS. Those look great.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
lol moo, see waywt for mine. your epic photography makes them look like completely different shoes. I'm in love already, though. edit, repost:
u5bupl.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you lucky big footed dudes!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdsf
The Tricker's I saw in Japan were all "collabs" - Tricker's for United Arrows, Tricker's for (______ insert a well known store name here - my demented brain + lack of sleep made me forget - it will come back to me) and Tricker's for Paul Smith. Tricker's for PS felt narrower to me. Prices were high though - the cheapest pair of boots I saw was about US$800.

I got the PSxTrickers last year, with the exchange rate then they were about $700, but you're right, it's closer to $800 now

You're right about the collabs, there is TrickersxTommorrowland (similar to the Present collab in UK), TrickersxHummingbirdHill (cordovan and cost $1000+), TrickersxJunya, I think Barneys had the only Trickers non-collab. I did see the grey Stow boot at Isetan, on sale for $450ish, which is like full price in the west!!

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I've been wanting a pair of grey suede plain toe boots with white welt stitching and a wedge sole, gotta get on that.

Whats the cost like phantom?

I got the PSxTrickers last year, with the exchange rate then they were about $700, but you're right, it's closer to $800 now

You're right about the collabs, there is TrickersxTommorrowland (similar to the Present collab in UK), TrickersxHummingbirdHill (cordovan and cost $1000+), TrickersxJunya, I think Barneys had the only Trickers non-collab. I did see the grey Stow boot at Isetan, on sale for $450ish, which is like full price in the west!!

I was shocked when saw the prices on Alden as well when I was in Tokyo on December. Dudes there obviously read the internet...I'm sure they could pick some up from leather sole hawaii for a ton less (unless the collabs are the exact colors that they want). Even with shipping at $60 they'd come out far, far ahead

Where is hummingbird hill located? Never stumbled onto it while walking around on any of
my trips to tokyo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads