• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
These are not full kitchens, are they? They seem to be the counter/island sections of a kitchen. Where are the fridge, oven(s), etc...?

Hard to compare.

let me re-awaken my notion of witty concept but poor user design. I see it in those kitchens.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's definitely not a kitchen for someone that cooks. Almost no space. Looks like lego.

Also completely uninspiring to me... I wouldn't want to cook there.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A friend of mine brought one of these lines over from Italy some years ago. He thought, when speaking honestly, that they were basically for a big room in which one would entertain, serve drinks, maybe hors d'ouvres, but not really a kitchen.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"looks cheap" ... good trolling
laugh.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
"looks cheap" ... good trolling
laugh.gif

Yes, as opposed to wood laminate-faced cabinets. And radiators with chipping paint. But, hey, that sprezzatura has got to cost extra.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
They are studio kitchens..not ment to be taken as residential use kitchens. They show product uses and design possibilities. I was hoping that you could show me a photo of a kitchen you thought looked great ....not your own kitchen.
smile.gif
You didn't like what you saw and I wanted to see what you think is wonderful.

Ah, got it. Ok, I googled "beautiful kitchens" and all other assorted verbs and here are my top 5 pics from images (in no partular order): 1)
TOH+beautiful-kitchens-07.jpeg
cool in a rustic, modern sort of way, although I'm not sure if that's a microwave on top of the fridge. If so, why? 2)
modern_kitchens.jpg
I dig this wood/white ultra modern thing. kind of cool. chairs suck though.
1323park.jpg
3)kind of a modern thing. i dig the long island/dining room table design. chairs still suck. 4)
kitchen-island-design-furniture-appliances6.jpg
never seen an island/wine storage thing before. like this open design with the office built-in. 5)
Traditional-Beautiful-Kitchen-design-by-Mobalpa1.jpg
I know you're fond of bright colors. personally, I think that green looks a bit vomit-esque, but I like the contrast with the dishes and cabinets. another in the same color-contrast vein:
kitchen-design.jpg
this one is just ******* cool. when do you ever see a two-level island?
stylish-contemporary-kitchen-designs-5.jpg
And if you're going to do the Restoration Hardware look I kind of liked this one:
87575_0_4-8875-contemporary-kitchen.jpg
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
No one who is as judgmental as rambo is going to put himself out there, now is he?
lol8[1].gif

HEY! Not judgmental, just opinionated.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
a chalkboard kitchen wall is one of my little projects this year.

They make chalkboard paint. You should check it out. I have magnetic paint from the same maker and much to my surprise it actually works quite well.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
They make chalkboard paint. You should check it out. I have magnetic paint from the same maker and much to my surprise it actually works quite well.
Really? Never heard of that before (the chalkboard, not the magnetic).

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
numbers two and four that Rambo showed work for me. Especially the wine storage below the counter is something I will look into when i move..

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
numbers two and four that Rambo showed work for me. Especially the wine storage below the counter is something I will look into when i move..
That island thing is cool isn't it? I'd have to assume its got temperature control since its so close to the sink. Although, i don't see a switch for a disposal, so there might not be power running through there.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have learned that kitchens are tricky.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
I have learned that kitchens are tricky.
I keep telling you that you're not supposed to point the knives with the sharp edges facing out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads