• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
I size up one from my urban slim size, fit is similar probably slightly slimmer in thighs and lower rise on eps.

Second that. I'm a 32 in JCrew (and if they continue their vanity sizing trend, will be a 31 by next year), but take a 33 in EP's.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
He's on here a few times each day.

Cheers, I'll wait for his advice.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
You'll get there faster with Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburgers.

That image is going to haunt me tonight.

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Wow, there really is a bit of Mod deep down, huh.

Awesome... I need to expand my own Fred Perry collection.

Yup, been a huge fan of mod, ska, and hardcore since I was a teenager.

In college, I played in a skacore band called "2000 Flushes." If anyone is interested in hearing my horrible singing, then $4 will get you a used copy of our debut album "Please Flushes, Don't Hurt 'Em'" on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Please-Flushes...6757295&sr=8-1

I've actually bought about 6 copies off of Amazon recently. Chances are good that I personally accounted for every sale of this that they've made in the past 10 years.

babump

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Rivet Chinos in comparison to the EP Smiths? I'm a 32 in the Smiths (coney mills contrast stitching version), and this fits pretty spot on.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by babump
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Rivet Chinos in comparison to the EP Smiths? I'm a 32 in the Smiths (coney mills contrast stitching version), and this fits pretty spot on.
I wear a 32 in both. I'm actually somewhere between a 31 and a 32, but I find the fit to be pretty consistent between the Smiths and chinos.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by babump
They fit the same. I wear a 31 in both Smiths and rivet chinos. In his dress trousers (not in your question), I go up to a 32 (there is no 31) and they fit great.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knowing you like hardcore makes me that much happier shopping here, dope.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Knowing you like hardcore makes me that much happier shopping here, dope.

Haha, thanks guys! I'm a little too old for shows, but I still listen to an exclusively NYHC soundtrack at the gym. Judge, Gorilla Biscuits, Sick of it All, Cro-Mags, Life of Agony. Quite a bit of Ignite too for some non-NY flavor.

And I'm hoping to bring out a few special edition products with Civ this year. He did all of the tattoo work on me and Adele and his girlfriend was very kind to model our women's clog collection.

He actually just released some Gorilla Biscuits sneakers with Vans.
Gorilla-Biscuits-x-Vans-1.jpg

I don't really wear Sk8 hi's these days, but I "insta-kopped" these on vans.com last week. I'll see how I can pair it up with our chambray trousers.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Epaulet x reedspace chinos. I wasn't expecting a flannel like material, but it's sweet as hell. Can't wait to get home and try them on. The details are awesome! I hope this doesn't mean I'll end up buying the chinos in all the colors...
wink.gif

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Haha, thanks guys! I'm a little too old for shows, but I still listen to an exclusively NYHC soundtrack at the gym. Judge, Gorilla Biscuits, Sick of it All, Cro-Mags, Life of Agony. Quite a bit of Ignite too for some non-NY flavor.

And I'm hoping to bring out a few special edition products with Civ this year. He did all of the tattoo work on me and Adele and his girlfriend was very kind to model our women's clog collection.

He actually just released some Gorilla Biscuits sneakers with Vans.
Gorilla-Biscuits-x-Vans-1.jpg

I don't really wear Sk8 hi's these days, but I "insta-kopped" these on vans.com last week. I'll see how I can pair it up with our chambray trousers.

Noice, but you're never too old for shows. You should make your way to the Island sometime. There are some pretty good bands that are coming out these days with a touch of the older styles.

I listen to Judge pretty regularly at the gym too. I may not live sXe, but it definitely helps for motivation. Same for Gorilla Biscuits and Minor Threat... Have Heart isn't bad either for a more current band.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
Just got my Epaulet x reedspace chinos. I wasn't expecting a flannel like material, but it's sweet as hell. Can't wait to get home and try them on. The details are awesome! I hope this doesn't mean I'll end up buying the chinos in all the colors...
wink.gif

where did you get them? they seem haev been taken down from reedspace?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
where did you get them? they seem haev been taken down from reedspace?

Sold out. I tried when they had the sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads