• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
hmm, that's an interesting thought. I generally wear shorts in the winter, but this year I'd like to wear pants more often. And since I got my first pair of slim fitting chinos, I can definitely see myself wearing them a lot more than I have in the past. Maybe I should get the shoes and hold off on the denim until late summer when I'll have a job again.

Brosef, when making limited cops like this make sure it's what you actually need and WILL WEAR. If you're not sure don't cop.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is just something for the spring/summer and you'll have $ to spend in the fall, N&F Lightweight denim might be something to look into. That way, you get some Raw Denimz xp and can still keep your beaters.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Brosef, when making limited cops like this make sure it's what you actually need and WILL WEAR. If you're not sure don't cop.

I mean I wear jeans all the time in f/w/s, just not in summer because it is warm out. But I really do need some nicer shoes for slightly more formal occasions (for example, I was going to a "formal" party and had no idea what to wear for footwear the other day. my boots are work boots and none of my sneakers would have been appropriate).

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

xM.

Reaction score
has anybody ordered from Rakuten since they started shipping worldwide? thinkin' of grabbing a shirt.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
not every vendor on rakuten ships worldwide. i was about to but then got free japan proxy no shipping to us so i can't expand any more on this

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean I wear jeans all the time in f/w/s, just not in summer because it is warm out. But I really do need some nicer shoes for slightly more formal occasions (for example, I was going to a "formal" party and had no idea what to wear for footwear the other day. my boots are work boots and none of my sneakers would have been appropriate).

Bucks are probably not the best choice, then. I would go for wingtips or something.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Bucks are probably not the best choice, then. I would go for wingtips or something.

eh I want to wear them to class and I'd feel a little weird rolling to class in wingtips. Maybe formal was the wrong word. Just something I can wear when I go to a nice restaurant or whatever.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...sneakers
bigstar[1].gif
look at mellowfellow: hes one of the best posters. I just saw the uniqlo thread, he had some cropped trousers(which i want because of him and aeglus) and some white cps. simple, clean, classic.

coldforge

Reaction score
In my opinion, everyone should have at least one pair of thrifted vintage wingtips. I recommend burgundy! They're great for going to class.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh I want to wear them to class and I'd feel a little weird rolling to class in wingtips. Maybe formal was the wrong word. Just something I can wear when I go to a nice restaurant or whatever.

If you're going to class you probably aren't frequenting restaurants with dress codes. Sneakers are fine, as shah said. And for what it's worth, I wear wingtips to class. That or boots or other 'dress' shoes. Sneakers aren't my thing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Wingtips are great but not something YOU WILL WEAR often enough to justify buying when you're trying to cultivate a wardrobe therefore will be a waste of money when they're sitting in your closet. You will then seek refuge on sf stating that you should have listened to jetdawg because you ended up going to a restaurant 2x before your gf dumped you (sorry homie just making a point).

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Wingtips are great but not something YOU WILL WEAR often enough to justify buying when you're trying to cultivate a wardrobe therefore will be a waste of money when they're sitting in your closet. You will then seek refuge on sf stating that you should have listened to jetdawg because you ended up going to a restaurant 2x before your gf dumped you (sorry homie just making a point).

lol jet you're consistently one of my favorite posters on sf.

Sorry guys, but baller sneakers aren't my thing. Until I have a real job I'm not spending $300+ on sneakers. I'm sure they are some awesome ******* sneakers, but just not worth it for me right now.

Jet, do you think I wouldn't get use out of a pair of bucks? I could see myself wearing them to class almost every day and then pick up a pair of simple canvas kicks for other times.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, as a short dude, you might want to buy something that gives you a bit of lift?

EDIT: You know, some bucks have a pretty thick sole. Or you could Scott.m out and get creepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads